Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Electrician wanting to sit the Red Seal exam

Electrician wanting to sit the Red Seal exam

Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician wanting to sit the Red Seal exam

Hi
Dont forget to show your JIB ECS card, as this throws a lot of weight with your application
cheers
jerry
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 3:52 am
R08
Forum Regular

R08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daveyrn
Hi R08, did you just contact the apprenticeship board and show them your qualifications and that you've got the necessary hours? Did they enter you in as a 4th year then? Also do you have to wait long to sit the red seal? I heard it's quicker in ontario, a guy i work with advised me to do it there.

Hi I came in on an LMO through an employer so I had to submit my hours to the apprenticeship trades to see if would qualify and then attach it for my work visa. I have come in as a fourth year and have a year to sit my IP exam but can take it when I'm ready . I'm not allowed to any courses as it states that on my visa. I wouldn't rush into the exam as it all a bit different to what you're used to.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 4:16 pm
R08
Forum Regular

R08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
Dont forget to show your JIB ECS card, as this throws a lot of weight with your application
cheers
jerry
Hi Jerry,

Is the JIB card statement true as no one seems bothered about what I did in the UK especially when i talk about testing everything and having to sit the 2391. Where did you need to show your card?
Old Jul 11th 2015, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R08
Hi Jerry,

Is the JIB card statement true as no one seems bothered about what I did in the UK especially when i talk about testing everything and having to sit the 2391. Where did you need to show your card?
Hi,
well it was about 9 years ago, I showed it at Vancouver and they accepted it as part of proof to challenge
maybe it has changed now ?
cheers
jerry