Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Electrical red seal exam

Electrical red seal exam

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Drew84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical red seal exam

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I've sought advice through different avenues about making the move. I'm being told I must first sit the red seal exam in the area I wish to move too before I even start the process of moving or attempting to. Also reading conflicting comments I need a job offer first before I can sit the exam. I'm 32 from liverpool with a wife and 2 children aged 1 and 5. Any info appreciated.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical red seal exam

Originally Posted by Drew84
Hi. I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I've sought advice through different avenues about making the move. I'm being told I must first sit the red seal exam in the area I wish to move too before I even start the process of moving or attempting to. Also reading conflicting comments I need a job offer first before I can sit the exam. I'm 32 from liverpool with a wife and 2 children aged 1 and 5. Any info appreciated.
Hi, welcome to BE.

What visa route as you planning on applying under? Whether or not you need to sit the exam first will depend on that. But you certainly don't need a job offer to sit the exam.

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Drew84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical red seal exam

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

What visa route as you planning on applying under? Whether or not you need to sit the exam first will depend on that. But you certainly don't need a job offer to sit the exam.

HTH, good luck.
Thanks for clearing that up. I've literally just started looking into everything to be honest. So i thought I'll get all my credentials in order and sit the relative exams needed. I've contacted immigration agency's over here first it was them who gave me that advice. I've since been told to stay clear of them funnily enough. I'm just reading through your wiki page now and the cic website.