ejb

Old May 29th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ejb

hey anyone out there from west yorkshire trying to go to canada. would be nice to know that there is somebody else out there from 'home' going where we are going. or at least hoping to go.
ej
Old May 29th 2007, 8:47 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ejb

Originally Posted by ejbsom
hey anyone out there from west yorkshire trying to go to canada. would be nice to know that there is somebody else out there from 'home' going where we are going. or at least hoping to go.
ej
You might get a better response if you post this in the meet & greet section. It may also help to tell us where you are hoping to go in Canada.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise033
You might get a better response if you post this in the meet & greet section. It may also help to tell us where you are hoping to go in Canada.
ok thanks for that. still finding my way round the site, to be honest not always entirely sure what i should be writing where.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:52 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks for that. still finding my way round the site, to be honest not always entirely sure what i should be writing where.
Don't worry, it takes a while to get used to the site. Take a bit of time to read the READ ME threads at the top of each page and also use the search feature to help you find the answers to the many questions I'm sure you will have.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise033
Don't worry, it takes a while to get used to the site. Take a bit of time to read the READ ME threads at the top of each page and also use the search feature to help you find the answers to the many questions I'm sure you will have.
sorry must be a bit thick
dont really understand the search thing. do you need to know who posted the thread or what its about. sorry
Old May 29th 2007, 9:20 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again ejb.
Try these sites for jobs in Saskatchewan or all over Canada. www.edgetransport.com/careers or google a firm called Yanke- they are a big truck company who interview in England, loafy another poster on the boards is doing an interview with them this Thurs in Birmingham- as a truck driver! Or try Westcan- they are a company who supply truck drivers all over Canada but their headquarters are in moose Jaw Saskatchewan. Also if you come across karla03 she is very helpful on this matter. There is another firm also called Siemens which are looking for truck drivers. so all the best with the search.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that alison i will get my husand onto it asap.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

missmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nice

ej
Hi ejbsom, yes we are from West Yorkshire - not far from Leeds, where abouts are you guys?

We're hoping to head out to either Toronto or Vancouver in September depending on whcih one of us gets a job first and where

We are just waiting for the embassy to send our passports back with the visas in - how far down the line are you guys and where are you hoping to live?
Old May 30th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missmellyshoes
Hi ejbsom, yes we are from West Yorkshire - not far from Leeds, where abouts are you guys?

We're hoping to head out to either Toronto or Vancouver in September depending on whcih one of us gets a job first and where

We are just waiting for the embassy to send our passports back with the visas in - how far down the line are you guys and where are you hoping to live?
cool. unfortunately we are no where down the line because my husband has been trying to get a job offer first. not sure now if this was the best thing to do. hes a class 1 driver and has been told to post his resume to a company called H and R transport in calgary (bit further than i had hoped). hes been e mailing this company but they told him he needed another 6 months experience. at a complete loss now as to what to do. should we start the application without his job offer. or get his jo first. as far as ive been told getting a job offer seems to make the process so much easier.

originally from huddersfield, and hubby from kippax in leeds. but we now live in bradford. dont ask!!
Old May 31st 2007, 12:44 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

cool. unfortunately we are no where down the line because my husband has been trying to get a job offer first. not sure now if this was the best thing to do. hes a class 1 driver and has been told to post his resume to a company called H and R transport in calgary (bit further than i had hoped). hes been e mailing this company but they told him he needed another 6 months experience. at a complete loss now as to what to do. should we start the application without his job offer. or get his jo first. as far as ive been told getting a job offer seems to make the process so much easier.

originally from huddersfield, and hubby from kippax in leeds. but we now live in bradford. dont ask!!

Search this forum for trucks and you'll find lots of firms and information and links to truckers websites.
some hate it some love it best findout for yourselves but do research from the point the person staying at home is doing exactly that staying at home.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alison Annett
Hi again ejb.
Try these sites for jobs in Saskatchewan or all over Canada. www.edgetransport.com/careers or google a firm called Yanke- they are a big truck company who interview in England, loafy another poster on the boards is doing an interview with them this Thurs in Birmingham- as a truck driver! Or try Westcan- they are a company who supply truck drivers all over Canada but their headquarters are in moose Jaw Saskatchewan. Also if you come across karla03 she is very helpful on this matter. There is another firm also called Siemens which are looking for truck drivers. so all the best with the search.
Thanks Alison - your too kind. Westcans headquarters are in Edmonton, Alberta but they have terminals in Calgary, Lloydminster, Grande Prairie, Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, Trail, Kamloops and Prince George.

Just alittle more info for you all.

Last edited by karla03; May 31st 2007 at 12:23 pm. Reason: Spelling is bad today