Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Education Assistant jobs in Ontario

Education Assistant jobs in Ontario

Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Question Education Assistant jobs in Ontario

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about working for the school board in Toronto area as an educational assistant?

I currently work for HRSB in NS as an EPA with children with various additional educational needs, physical, academic, behavioural, medical, etc.

Is the system in Toronto similar to Nova Scotia? Will my skills be in demand?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give on this subject.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education Assistant jobs in Ontario

All I know is that every province is different ............ it is the province that is responsible for Education, as well as Health and Social Services.

I can only suggest that you google and see what you can find, if you have not already done that.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:56 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about working for the school board in Toronto area as an educational assistant?

I currently work for HRSB in NS as an EPA with children with various additional educational needs, physical, academic, behavioural, medical, etc.

Is the system in Toronto similar to Nova Scotia? Will my skills be in demand?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give on this subject.
My local school board (Halton DSB, west of Toronto) certainly employs a range of EAs to provide classroom and out-of-classrom assistance to children with all sorts of needs. As I understand it, the number of EAs in a particular school is driven by the number of kids on the roll who have an IEP that documents the need for assistance. Duties range all the way from "scribing" for kids with fine motor control issues who find writing difficult, to assistance almost at the level of a one-on-one PSW for severely challenged kids.

I don't know the details of recruitment practices. I'd imagine both the school board (and don't forget there's the TDSB and the TCDSB, plus the French board if you have the language skills) and the school administration (usually the SERT coordinator) will have a say in how many and what kind of EAs are required.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

In BC, hiring of teachers and EAs is done by the school board based on the requirements of the individual schools, and education assistants are often the last ones to be hired when it has been established how many children need the assistance.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 4:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Cached version http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...t=firefox-b-ab

Educational Assistant is a trade regulated by the Ontario
College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009. Qualified
individuals may obtain a Certificate of Qualification, which
confirms its holder has the skills, knowledge and experience
that meet industry standards of practice for the trade

Ontario College of Trades » Trades in Ontario / Ontario College of Trades » Trade Equivalency Assessment