Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Edmonton.......the unsung city

Edmonton.......the unsung city

Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:11 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Edmonton.......the unsung city

For the last 3 weeks my folks have been staying with us and we've being showing tham all the sights Edmonton and surrounding areas have to offer..................and what a truly fabulous city it is too.!

We all have seen and done Sooooo much and their enthusiasm for OUR city was addictive. Since we moved here to Sherwood Park 13 months ago, we have raved about this town, but been a little unsure about the city of Edm itself and we have ping ponged between liking the city, to picking fault with little things, then back to liking it again.......................but now, after really getting out in the city and exploring more than we have up to now, we are starting to love it and we are finding all the fabulous places you don't necessarily get to know about via the tourist guides.

You always hear about WEM, and that its the "best" place Edm has to offer, but that is highly debateable and there is so much more here.

So come and check out our stunning river valley, the miles and miles of trails full of cyclists, roller bladers..................canoe down the beautifully wild North Saskatchewan River, ride the Streetcar over the High Level Bridge to the domed Legislature building and picnic in the grounds whilst the kids splash in the water fountains.
Wander around the sights of Fort Edm Park, and visit our amazing Royal Alberta Museum, (one of the best we have been too)
Catch a glimpse of a beaver as we did at Elk Island National Park and check out the Telus World of Science (or whatever its called these days...............we know it as the Odysseum)

Many tourists over look Edm as a place to visit and they are missing out on so much..........................So..........."GO EDMONTON GO" and COME ON YOU OILERS !!!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edmonton.......the unsung city

Originally Posted by R2D2
For the last 3 weeks my folks have been staying with us and we've being showing tham all the sights Edmonton and surrounding areas have to offer..................and what a truly fabulous city it is too.!

We all have seen and done Sooooo much and their enthusiasm for OUR city was addictive. Since we moved here to Sherwood Park 13 months ago, we have raved about this town, but been a little unsure about the city of Edm itself and we have ping ponged between liking the city, to picking fault with little things, then back to liking it again.......................but now, after really getting out in the city and exploring more than we have up to now, we are starting to love it and we are finding all the fabulous places you don't necessarily get to know about via the tourist guides.

You always hear about WEM, and that its the "best" place Edm has to offer, but that is highly debateable and there is so much more here.

So come and check out our stunning river valley, the miles and miles of trails full of cyclists, roller bladers..................canoe down the beautifully wild North Saskatchewan River, ride the Streetcar over the High Level Bridge to the domed Legislature building and picnic in the grounds whilst the kids splash in the water fountains.
Wander around the sights of Fort Edm Park, and visit our amazing Royal Alberta Museum, (one of the best we have been too)
Catch a glimpse of a beaver as we did at Elk Island National Park and check out the Telus World of Science (or whatever its called these days...............we know it as the Odysseum)

Many tourists over look Edm as a place to visit and they are missing out on so much..........................So..........."GO EDMONTON GO" and COME ON YOU OILERS !!!!!!
Oh no not another beaver post - thought I'd get in there first before Butch & others do.

Great post - can't wait to join you over there
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:33 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Oh no not another beaver post - thought I'd get in there first before Butch & others do.

Great post - can't wait to join you over there
I did write that a little "tongue in cheek", but we really DID see the furry little critter and very cute they are too.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen my M'bop Beaver?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Has anyone seen my M'bop Beaver?
Crafty will you put your beaver away please!!!! The wifes beaver is getting Jealous that it's not getting as much exposure. .

R2D2, dont you know theres laws against exposing beavers in public parks . Next time you spot one keep it under your hat.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:29 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Read this about Edmonton's real estate market:

http://www.cbc.ca/default/story/ca-e...-20060619.html
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:45 pm
sticky beaking

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Read this about Edmonton's real estate market:

http://www.cbc.ca/default/story/ca-e...-20060619.html

I sure hope we catch up with those Calgary increases.........that is a staggering percentage. Me thinks here in Sh PK we have had higher increase than the Edm figures.................no complaints from this camp.

And Butch, I can think of less scratchy places to keep said beaver. .............besides, it would have to be a fairly sizeable hat, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THOSE THINGS.!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:51 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope we catch up with those Calgary increases.........that is a staggering percentage. Me thinks here in Sh PK we have had higher increase than the Edm figures.................no complaints from this camp.

And Butch, I can think of less scratchy places to keep said beaver. .............besides, it would have to be a fairly sizeable hat, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THOSE THINGS.!!!
Now if you were a proper Albertan you'd have a Cowboy Hat big enough to keep even the largest beaver under.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:57 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Calgary has always had higher real estate prices than Edmonton. What's new is just how much this spread has increased. A return to the mean would increase prices in Edmonton significantly.