Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Edmonton Calgary or Lethbridge

Edmonton Calgary or Lethbridge

Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

anji23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edmonton Calgary or Lethbridge

Hi moved to Edmonton last year but my husband has the chance to relocate to Calgary or Lethbridge with his job we know that house rentals are a lot less in Lethbridge but don't know much else about the area. Calgary is appealing as it's close to the Rockies but don't know which areas are the best to live in for a family, any advise on Calgary or Lethbridge would be great.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edmonton Calgary or Lethbridge

It would depend where hubby would be working in Calgary, and how he would commute.

I live in Coventry Hills and its great, i previously lived in Renfrew and it wasn't so great

I have friends in Panorama, Evanston and Country Hills and they all seem like nice places too!

Or if hubby doesn't mind a bit of a longer commute, Airdrie is quite family oriented
Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

my hubby is a long haul driver so away a lot so the commute doesn't really matter thanks for the advice will look into the areas you said
Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

You know that Calgary isn't the only town close to the Rockies? Lethbridge is close to Waterton National Park, which is also part of the Glacier National Park in the US, and is, in my humble opionion, better than Banff (not as developed).
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that I had never heard of Waterton National Park it looks lovely will defiantly have to have a drive down there.