Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Edmonton, but where?

Edmonton, but where?

Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

jeremy_fitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Edmonton, but where?

I have read a number of threads about people, but generally families, moving to Edmonton. However as a guy in his early twenties I'm not looking for the security of a suburb. I know about places like Whyte Avenue and around the University but is there anywhere else I should consider?

I'll probably create another thread about my next point but as I will be going on the BUNAC scheme I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies sympathetic in hiring the odd Brit here and there!?

Would appreciate any help you guys could offer.
J
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edmonton, but where?

Hi J,

Can't really help with your queries but just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to BE.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

me.julie23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Edmonton, but where?

Hi Jeremy,

When are you coming to Edmonton on BUNAC. Been here in Edmonton for over a year now on OH Work permit and all the family tag along when he came over here last May.
I got a son in his early twenties and he's finding it hard not been able to go out with fellow Brits here. Maybe you could get in touch with each other. Let me know.
Not sure exactly how you are able to get a job on BUNAC visa, or are you allowed?
Welcome to BE
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

jeremy_fitch is an unknown quantity at this point

BUNAC is a 12 month working/holiday visa so should be able to get a job fairly easily. If all goes to plan I'll be coming over at the end of November but it would be great to meet up with some fellow brits when I'm over so I can message you when I come over. What is an OH visa? I'm not familiar with all the visa talk on here!

Thanks for welcoming me to the community, seems like it is a pretty extensive database one here!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

me.julie23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jeremy,
The OH (other half/partner) visa is a work permit that is being renewed by his employer before it finishes or end. He works for 2 companies (construction in the summer and Alberta Highways in the winter) but in the same umbrella or group.
Do you know where you are staying? Do keep in touch and maybe my son (he's 22) will meet up with you. Get in touch nearer the time, will look into this thread.