Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

eating out in Toronto

Wikiposts

eating out in Toronto

Old Oct 11th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice
Default Re: eating out in Toronto

You have got to eat at the CN Tower's restaurant - we didn't think that it was expensive (but we are based in London, UK so we are comparing it to the prices we paid here) but everyone knows that the prices are higher than elsewhere in Toronto because of the venue which is pretty remarkable. I suppose considering that you are at one of the worlds most famous attractions the price is actually unbelievably good value for money.

The food and service was good and the service was superb. The 360 degree view during the meal was amazing. We did it during the afternoon when it was light and felt it was worth ever penny.

PS - Our daughter could not believe that the mass of water (i.e. Lake Ontario) was a lake and not a sea or even an ocean!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:01 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter could not believe that the mass of water (i.e. Lake Ontario) was a lake and not a sea or even an ocean!

And it's the smallest of the five Great Lakes.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

NotTooShabby will become famous soon enoughNotTooShabby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
You have got to eat at the CN Tower's restaurant - we didn't think that it was expensive (but we are based in London, UK so we are comparing it to the prices we paid here) but everyone knows that the prices are higher than elsewhere in Toronto because of the venue which is pretty remarkable. I suppose considering that you are at one of the worlds most famous attractions the price is actually unbelievably good value for money.

The food and service was good and the service was superb. The 360 degree view during the meal was amazing. We did it during the afternoon when it was light and felt it was worth ever penny.

PS - Our daughter could not believe that the mass of water (i.e. Lake Ontario) was a lake and not a sea or even an ocean!
Have eaten there on a couple of occasions and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not the cheapest of places but the view is unique. Book a table just before sunset and watch day turn into night as you enjoy your meal.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:44 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

If, like us you are going with a couple of fussy kids, try The Old Spagetti Factory on The Esplanade. The menu's not outstanding ( A bit like Wetherspoons/Beefeater) but plenty the kids will enjoy.And the restaurant's very decorative.