Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

East v West Hants and RDAs

East v West Hants and RDAs

Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future
Default East v West Hants and RDAs

Hi all

Well flights booked for our 1st visit 16th May.
Only tonight have i noticed that Hants is split in two with one rda covering east (elmsdale area) and another covers kings West (windsor). As the booklet we received via one of the RDAs covered all areas we persumed it classed as a single county.
We were hoping to divide our time between these specific areas but now i realise 2 RDAs are involved, is it thought upon badly if you visit with both during our initial visit? I persume we'd have to spend a week in each region or as its hants as a whole can we just travel between the two and stay in one place?
Also if we moved over with the East Hants RDA and after 6 mth we find we prefer the west side of Hants can we move there to buy a property?
Any advice appreciated.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Niobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to all
Default Re: East v West Hants and RDAs

Originally Posted by family_of_4
Hi all

Only tonight have i noticed that Hants is split in two with one rda covering east (elmsdale area) and another covers kings West (windsor). As the booklet we received via one of the RDAs covered all areas we persumed it classed as a single county.
We were hoping to divide our time between these specific areas but now i realise 2 RDAs are involved, is it thought upon badly if you visit with both during our initial visit? I persume we'd have to spend a week in each region or as its hants as a whole can we just travel between the two and stay in one place?
Also if we moved over with the East Hants RDA and after 6 mth we find we prefer the west side of Hants can we move there to buy a property?
Any advice appreciated.
I can't comment on moving after you have landed but we had originally planned to visit 2 RDA's in May too. I don't see how they would know you have an interest in two? I think it's sensible to visit them both if you know you like them equally. Maybe after just one visit you will be able to decide anyway. Perfectly sensible to me!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

can i ask why you are only interested in hants county?
you would be well advised to contact each RDA and schedule a meeting, They will open an enquiry file for you and after you have gone they will not track you until your return visits...have a chat with both of them but no need to stress about it..if anything its better to say that you had a good look around nova scotia before becoming set on one area.
if you need any help finding accommodation i'll be happy to help.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:30 am
Just Joined

The Old Parsonage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by family_of_4
Hi all

Any advice appreciated.

Family of Four!

Greetings! Hants is one RDA and the boundary between East and West is completely invisible as regards to immigration purposes. Living here in East Hants I can tell you there is no boundary of razor wire! lol

If you are dealing with Hants RDA then that is fine, they are a good bunch and have helped me and my partner in every way and at every step through our settlement here in sunny Nova Scotia! Message us or e-mail for any 'feet on the ground' information you need, of any nature really, we can connect you with the answers you seek!

We Hants!