Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

DVD regional codes?

DVD regional codes?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Earl J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DVD regional codes?

I am trying to play DVD's from the UK on my region 1 DVD player..have read the regional code hacks on this site and tried the one for a Sony solution but it didn't work, ....... so , I just bought a cheap MAX DVP-6100 player that is supposed to work for all regions and that won't play them either ...any suggestions would be appreciated
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:32 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DVD regional codes?

Originally Posted by Earl J
I am trying to play DVD's from the UK on my region 1 DVD player..have read the regional code hacks on this site and tried the one for a Sony solution but it didn't work, ....... so , I just bought a cheap MAX DVP-6100 player that is supposed to work for all regions and that won't play them either ...any suggestions would be appreciated

I saw the following site here a few weeks ago posted by getoutofbritainquick. I haven't tried any of the codes but... well... here it is anyway:
http://www.dvddemystifiziert.de/code.../codefree.html
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:40 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it definitely because it's the wrong region, or is it a PAL/NTSC issue?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:54 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Sony is often the most difficult ( probably to do with them owning a Studio ) and very often don't have hacks at all.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:46 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I found this website that says the G-TEC MAX DVP-6100 player should be multi-region, therefore should work. If it says so on the box and doesn't then you should return it to the store you bought it from. It should play all your disks.

I have searched the internet for your model and can't find any codes. If you are looking for another DVD player then write down the brand and model No of any you see in a store, check here to see if it is listed - if it is, then buy the player

I bought my player from Walmart in Jan 07. It is an HDMI, RCA DRC-257N and cost around $90. There is also slot on the front for camera memory card. The remote control is pretty decent too. Here is where to find that code.

Best of luck
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:51 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

is your Sony listed here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bazzz
Is it definitely because it's the wrong region, or is it a PAL/NTSC issue?
Not sure if there is an issue with PAL/NTSC because the video link from the player to the TV seems fine..it just gives me the Message on the TV screen that there is "No Disc" even though there is a disc in the player.
Thanks for the reply
EJ
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:08 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Our Canadian DVD player and Canadian HDTV plays all our UK disks. Before I changed the region code to 0 (zero) which is region-free, it would say Wrong Region when I tried to play our UK (Region 2) disks.

Can you borrow a Canadian DVD to confirm that the player is working correctly with Region 1 disks. If it plays then that confirms that it is not region-free if it still won't play UK disks.

Can I also say that my other DVD player was made by Citizen and although I could not find a code for it, the code for my RCA model worked for both players. Lucky or what...... I was gobsmacked - the DVD player was seconds away from being chucked out of a window :curse:
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pony
is your Sony listed here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
Unfortunately it is not there...thanks
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Our Canadian DVD player and Canadian HDTV plays all our UK disks. Before I changed the region code to 0 (zero) which is region-free, it would say Wrong Region when I tried to play our UK (Region 2) disks.

Can you borrow a Canadian DVD to confirm that the player is working correctly with Region 1 disks. If it plays then that confirms that it is not region-free if it still won't play UK disks.

Can I also say that my other DVD player was made by Citizen and although I could not find a code for it, the code for my RCA model worked for both players. Lucky or what...... I was gobsmacked - the DVD player was seconds away from being chucked out of a window :curse:
What make/model of Canadian DVD player did you buy?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:53 am
Scottish Canuck

This one:

I bought my player from Walmart in Jan 07. It is an HDMI, RCA DRC-257N and cost around $90 and came complete with HDMI leads. There is also slot on the front for a camera memory card. The remote control is pretty decent too. Here is where to find that code.

You will see on the Videohelp website that a lot of different models/models often share the same hack code.

Lots of people on here buy the cheap Diamond brand and they are region-free although it does not say that on the box. Here is a link to a thread from a few weeks ago: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=diamond+dvd
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Wal-Mart $30 Diamond Vision. Plays all regions. At that price, what can you say!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Odd... I bought the Max DVP-6100 (Futureshop?) and it has played everything I have thrown at it, UK discs, copied discs etc and have had no problems. Maybe you got a bad un?

Phil
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to add my support for the MAX 6100 player; $30 from Future Shop and plays everything right out of the box, including PAL->NTSC conversion so it will play on any crappy old TV.

The only thing missing is multi-channel output to speakers, it only has a stereo output and some kind of digital output to a separate amplifier.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:27 am
LHK
Forum Regular

LHK has a spectacular aura aboutLHK has a spectacular aura aboutLHK has a spectacular aura about

Does anybody here watches Region 2 dvds using a computer? I usually watch Region 1 dvds on my computer (I live in a Region 4 country), but I'm thinking about buying a Region 2 dvd (Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister) in the UK because it's cheaper than buying it in the US or Canada (they're not available where I live). Problem is that our system is NTSC/PAL-M and, as you know, the UK uses PAL. Have you guys any experience with any region-free dvd software? Do you recommend any? I need one that will enable me to watch dvds with NTSC and PAL formats, in addition to the multiple region codes.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
LHK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.