Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Drywall/plastering - any advice, info or jobs with lmo's?!

Drywall/plastering - any advice, info or jobs with lmo's?!

Old Jan 10th 2014, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Drywall/plastering - any advice, info or jobs with lmo's?!

Hi there,

My fiancée and I have been planning a move to calgary for some time now, and were due to send in our application for the FSW programme in may until they slashed the list of required occupations. My fiancée is a plasterer/drywaller with more than 23 years experience.

We are now trying to apply under the FSTW programme but there is some sort of discrepancy between the requirements of CIC and the red seal examining body. While we wait for that to be resolved we have been frantically applying for jobs as a job offer of one year would mean we meet all the criteria for the FSTW programme and wouldn't need to wait for the red seal exam issue to be sorted.

However, finding positions where the employers are willing to employ foreign workers is proving difficult and I wondered whether anybody might have any tips, info or even know of any plastering/drywalling jobs that have existing lmo's attached?

Any advice or pointers on the job front will be very much appreciated!

Thanks all in advance,

BexM