Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving License Exchange

Driving License Exchange

Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Driving License Exchange

Hi All,

If i was to get a job in Edmonton for a few months, i know i can exchange my UK license for a Canadian one...

First question - what documents will i need to exchange my license?

When i finish the job and go back to BC after 3-4 months, can i continue to use my license in BC or will i need to exchange it for a BC one OR retake my driving test?

Just trying to work out what to do...

Thanks,

MR79
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License Exchange

Originally Posted by MR79
Hi All,

If i was to get a job in Edmonton for a few months, i know i can exchange my UK license for a Canadian one...

First question - what documents will i need to exchange my license?

Proof that you are a legal resident (TWP, COPR, etc) and proof that you reside in Alberta (rental agreement, proof of purchase of house, etc.)

HTH
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Driving License Exchange

Thanks,

One more question....what about if you have newly arrived and do not have an address as you are staying in a hotel or waiting to start your job, then what do you do?! i have my landing documents and a bank account...

Last edited by MR79; Jan 27th 2010 at 7:51 pm. Reason: words missed out.