Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving Licences In Alberta - UK Resdt

Driving Licences In Alberta - UK Resdt

Old May 17th 2020, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Licences In Alberta - UK Resdt

Talking of driving in Canada what is the definitive on turning right on a red light. In the US it's done in Canada it seems 'optional'?
Old May 18th 2020, 3:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Talking of driving in Canada what is the definitive on turning right on a red light. In the US it's done in Canada it seems 'optional'?
Depends where you are
https://www.ontario.ca/document/offi...ghts#section-2
Old May 18th 2020, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
It is not "optional" ............... different provinces, cities and municipalities may have different rules! The ones who don't turn right on red are usually those who don't know the rule for that place.

Plus it is only applies to the curb lane, not from two lanes UNLESS that is specified on a sign for the intersection.
Old May 20th 2020, 8:26 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarwinCharles
Yes, I'm a Londoner and an hour to get a mile and hundreds of people and turnings or hazards, roadworks and the wet ice is just dangerous, constantly.
I think this is the only thought I'm making here, it is certain that the level of concentration you need and experience gained is worth something. Even once you've got a license, unless you live in a tiny quiet town, much of the UK is made up of small roads and is gridlocked. You have to think constantly. Alberta is a breeze, having said that, I'd feel safer doing a weather course for Snow seasons.

Darwin
i never had issue driving in the UK apart from the amount of traffic in rush hour which used to get my goat..you can never guarantee arriving on time anywhere at anytime..here i could drive from Edmonton to Jasper and know i will arrive on time every time..funnily enough the distance between Calgary to Edmonton is the same as driving from London to Exeter..i know for a fact it will take a lot longer to drive from London to Exeter esp in the summer