Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving History Letter From UK Insurer

Driving History Letter From UK Insurer

Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

spooooook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving History Letter From UK Insurer

I am in the process of writing to my UK car insurance company requesting confirmation of my good driving history and claims record, but am unsure how best to word my letter to ensure that my UK insurers will supply all the information a Canadian company will need.

I'd therefore be eternally grateful if someone who has (successfully) done this before could advise me exactly what I should ask for in my letter to my UK insurance company, to make sure that the letter of reference they supply will satisfy the requirements of Canadian motor insurers and so avoid problems further down the line.

Thanks!

S.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving History Letter From UK Insurer

Where are you heading? I get the impression that BC are very specific about the wording !
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:09 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

In Alberta all that was required was my NCB letter
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

spooooook is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Where are you heading? I get the impression that BC are very specific about the wording !
Heading for Alberta. Not sure how much detail they will require to prove NCD...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

I am having a nightmare with this, due to the fact direct line keep sending letters with bits missing.
Email ICBC for a guide which you can then send to your UK insurance company.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
I am having a nightmare with this, due to the fact direct line keep sending letters with bits missing.
Email ICBC for a guide which you can then send to your UK insurance company.
I was also with Direct Line and at first they sent me their basic NC letter but when I told them that I was emigrating to Canada they said that they knew what to write as they did it all the time.

Anyway as luck would have it they finally sent a letter with a little more info on it and ICBC accepted it no problem at all.