Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving in BC Info

Wikiposts

Driving in BC Info

Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:22 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving in BC Info

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Mine sold his bike to buy my engagement ring 15 years ago!

Still hankers for that throbbing feeling between his legs though
Not fair - I have already been told off on another thread for double entendre
Where are the Moderators when you need them?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:52 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Oh has had various bikes - but sold prior to moving here . . .now he is muttering but he is also moaning bout cost of daughters braces - I think the latter is more important! Once we are def settled pr wise etc he will get one -I miss it!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:15 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Oh has had various bikes - but sold prior to moving here . . .now he is muttering but he is also moaning bout cost of daughters braces - I think the latter is more important! Once we are def settled pr wise etc he will get one -I miss it!
OH had a Honda Shadow 750 here and misses it a lot. He has already looked in the dealers and his old model is just about the smallest one there! He is greedily eyeing up a larger model and dreaming of cruising along the coast with the wind in his hair.... Well, he hasn't got much hair, so with the wind, anyway!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:06 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
OH had a Honda Shadow 750 here and misses it a lot. He has already looked in the dealers and his old model is just about the smallest one there! He is greedily eyeing up a larger model and dreaming of cruising along the coast with the wind in his hair.... Well, he hasn't got much hair, so with the wind, anyway!
Mine just cant get over the no syphoning bit -what the point of having a bike and sitting in a traffic queue!!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
We thought that - if you really wanted you could apply for a duplicate copy of the UK one, but as you say there's no point really.
It is relief not to have to go through all the bother and expense of taking another test, though.
OH forgot to ask, but as he has his bike qualification on his UK license as well will that also transfer to the B.C license?
Hmm another issue is that my UK driving license expires July 2011 which is dangerously close to when we may be moving over there (if FSW1 visa application is approved).

Anyone know if I can renew my UK driving license earlier than the expiry date?

Wayne.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:40 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Waggle
Hmm another issue is that my UK driving license expires July 2011 which is dangerously close to when we may be moving over there (if FSW1 visa application is approved).

Anyone know if I can renew my UK driving license earlier than the expiry date?

Wayne.
uk one expires?? how old are you - if you dont mind me asking?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:41 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the same thing, mine expires when I am 75. However I decided not to be impertinent and ask
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:57 am
half a century

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Thought the same thing, mine expires when I am 75. However I decided not to be impertinent and ask
am just nosey me
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:10 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Medical issues such as diabetes almost always limit the term of a licence.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Its a new thing....rip off just like the passport system. Only valid for a few years now then new one required. I got married, changed the surname and the newly issued one is only valid until 2016!!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:40 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agr
Not in BC.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:54 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agr
And definitely not in Ontario. Where in the western world is this a fact?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
And definitely not in Ontario. Where in the western world is this a fact?
With medical issues one has to have drivers medical to prove fitness to drive, with possible limitations, you still get a 5 year license.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:04 am
Island life at last

New photo licenses expire I suppose due to the photo being out of date. It isn't all that long - i can't remember how many years -5?
I just had a notice to renew mine, which you cannot ignore AND you have to pay for it! No test of any sort, just a new photo is required.
Bloody cheek!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:31 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

With medical issues one has to have drivers medical to prove fitness to drive, with possible limitations, you still get a 5 year license.
Perhaps with some medical issues such as possible strokes, alzheimer's and the like where mental impairment/visual acuity may be involved, one's license may be suspended until a physician certifies all is well. But for most medical conditions, including diabetes, that is not the case, in Ontario at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.