Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

drivers licence

drivers licence

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future
Default drivers licence

just looking into how you exchange UK license for Ontario Licence,What is meant by acceptable proof of driving experience(http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/E...tProv.aspx),do they want proof of no claims from an insurance company or something else?. My wife has always been on my works insurance so it would be difficult to get seperate proof for her.

John

Last edited by johnnyc; Apr 23rd 2006 at 2:17 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: drivers licence

Originally Posted by johnnyc
just looking into how you exchange UK license for Ontario Licence,What is meant by acceptable proof of driving experience(http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/E...tProv.aspx),do they want proof of no claims from an insurance company or something else?. My wife has always been on my works insurance so it would be difficult to get seperate proof for her.
It's about how long you had your UK licence. I'm not sure if you were 17 and had your licence for a week that it could be exchanged for a full Ontario licence.

But you should try and get all your insurance details ready for going to Ontario anyway: if you want to get car insurance you need an insurance history or else you get treated like a 17 year old kid with $5000 annual premiums.

K.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

keithhorkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I exchanged my uk drivers licence for ontario licence in november 2005 the proof they need is on your licence i.e how long you have held it you don't need any proof of no claims insurance they just want to know that you have held a full uk licence for more than 2 years. You only have to take an eye test and have your pic taken which they will do and pay $75 they take your uk licence and give you a temp paper ontario one and post your new ontario to your ontario address. Hope this helps.
Keith
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keithhorkins
Hi I exchanged my uk drivers licence for ontario licence in november 2005 the proof they need is on your licence i.e how long you have held it you don't need any proof of no claims insurance they just want to know that you have held a full uk licence for more than 2 years. You only have to take an eye test and have your pic taken which they will do and pay $75 they take your uk licence and give you a temp paper ontario one and post your new ontario to your ontario address. Hope this helps.
Keith
Cheers Keith ,that sounds easy.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re:car insurance

hi i was wondering i will be moving to Edmonton Alberta do they do the same thing with insurance i have 10 years no claim would i be able to use that there ? thanks