Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

DRINK DRIVING BAN

DRINK DRIVING BAN

Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

pipefitter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRINK DRIVING BAN

what is a "for information only" request? what is that for ?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

was it a first offence for DUI seems a bit strange to get an 18 month ban and only one point over the limit???

my husband was way over and got 12 months ban ????
was there a fine aswell if so this also and impact as this forms part of the sentance

is your one point over the limit exactly correct?

you will need all this evidence to hand plus court and sentancing details

your starting point is a police check

you wont have to pay for your "info onkly request" and you will then have all the evidence for when you can apply for full rehab

getting court records can take some time i got my husbands quick and for free otheres have had to pay a tidy sum and wait weeks
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pipefitter
see other posts plus cic guidance
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the link I gave you earlier to the section on CIC's website about criminal rehab, you'd have found the following:

"If you need to come to Canada, but cannot apply for rehabilitation because five years have not passed since the end of the sentence imposed or you are not eligible to apply for a pardon for convictions in Canada, you
may ask an officer for special permission to enter or remain in Canada.

Complete the Application for Criminal Rehabilitation, but check the box that states, “For Information Only.” Attach the documents outlined in the Document Checklist. After reviewing the form and looking at the nature of the offences, number of offences, when they happened and your current situation, the officer may:

At Canadian visa offices outside of Canada

• advise that they do not recommend that you travel to Canada; or,
• advise that you could apply for special permission (temporary resident’s permit) to enter Canada"

Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

he had a ban in 1985 as well yesim sure it was only 1.0 over he also got a 250 fine i have already sent off for the police checks do i just phone the courts or write them a letter? also do you get a desision babk when you send off for information only what information do you actually get???? it was a 12 month ban reduced to nine sorry my mistake
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that info i couldnt find the link you have really helped me
cheers
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that info i couldnt find the link you have really helped me
cheers
Here you go again then..............http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com...rehabilitation

Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes you can ring the courts
does he have anything else at all on his record for any offences cautions or arrests?

it does make a difference as he has two convictions and not one whoops!

was his fine paid off immediately? if not when was it paid in full as you will also need proof that the fine was paid and the date paid

tempteing to get a new crime free husband isnt it I was
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR AN INFORMATION ONLY REQUEST??
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR AN INFORMATION ONLY REQUEST??
Chumley already told you in her post above that you wouldn't have to pay for it. Please read what you've been given and do a bit of your own research too!!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

YES HE HAS GOT A FEW THINGS, ASSAULT IN 2003 ON HIS EX WIFE (LONG STORY) AND HARRASMENT ALSO TO EX WIFE HE WAS NEVER CONVICTED OFF THE LATTER. HE GOT A FINE FOR THE ASSAULT THAT WAS PAID STRAIGHT AWAY. HIS EX WIFE WAS A DRUG ADDICT SHE IS NOW DEAD AND WE HAVE HER 3 CHILDREN LIVING WITH US.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

sorry guys i am just stressed really want to get over and there is so much info to go through
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

YES HE HAS GOT A FEW THINGS, ASSAULT IN 2003 ON HIS EX WIFE (LONG STORY) AND HARRASMENT ALSO TO EX WIFE HE WAS NEVER CONVICTED OFF THE LATTER. HE GOT A FINE FOR THE ASSAULT THAT WAS PAID STRAIGHT AWAY. HIS EX WIFE WAS A DRUG ADDICT SHE IS NOW DEAD AND WE HAVE HER 3 CHILDREN LIVING WITH US.
Assault and two DUIs? Forget about it, he'd have to be a long lost cousin of the Prime Minister.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

sorry guys i am just stressed really want to get over and there is so much info to go through
I realise that, and do understand, but you won't be going anywhere for at least two and a half years so you've got plenty of time to read the info you've already been given!

Good luck with it all, I hope when the time comes the rehab process goes smoothly.

Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

ok thanks for your advice we will just use this time to save up and get organised you have all been really helpfull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.