Reload this Page >

the down-side of Canada....

the down-side of Canada....

Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:06 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough
Default the down-side of Canada....

....the beer!

I like Sleemans and Upper Canada lager but hate Labatts (especially Blue - hangover city).

Any comments, good beer suggestions!

I of course like Duff (especially Duff light...MMmmm beer)
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:49 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the down-side of Canada....

Originally Posted by nivlad
....the beer!

I like Sleemans and Upper Canada lager but hate Labatts (especially Blue - hangover city).

Go to the liquor store and buy whatever you usually drink? Learn to appreciate the joys of Rum and/or Rye and Coke??? Drink only Pure Grain alcohol and rainwater?

Last edited by iaink; Apr 22nd 2005 at 12:56 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

....the beer!

What about Canadian TV? Mind you, drink enough beer and all the TV programmes merge into one anyway...
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:12 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

A link for you....enjoy!!!

http://realbeer.com/canada/
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:25 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

....Any comments, good beer suggestions!
If it's alcoholic, drink it.

If it's not, give it to the children.

If you don't know the difference, you've had too much!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:29 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by Scouse
If it's alcoholic, drink it.

If it's not, give it to the children.

If you don't know the difference, you've had too much!!
what we need is a beer that also acts as an insect repellent!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:31 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

what we need is a beer that also acts as an insect repellent!!!
So would that be for oral use or for topical application, or both? Just dont try drinking Backwoods OFF!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:40 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by iaink
So would that be for oral use or for topical application, or both? Just dont try drinking Backwoods OFF!!!
oral of course
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:21 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

....the beer!

Avoid the big brewery beers, find out about the good local micro-breweries in your area and attend 'beer festivals' like this --> http://pacificcoast.net/~patkinson/gcbf05/index.htm and I would say join your local CAMRA http://www.camra.ca/ but I think they're all in BC
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

....the beer!

I love Molson Canadian & Keiths.
I find it's much fizzier than European lagers. Wonderful on a hot day.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by seacreature
I love Molson Canadian & Keiths.
I find it's much fizzier than European lagers. Wonderful on a hot day.
Alexander Keiths was a scottish immagrant who trained in the finest of british brewery's before he moved to Nova scotia.
Just thought i would let you know that. The boyfriend drinks Keiths and we had a little discussion on it's origans well what do ya know!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

....the beer!

Keiths! I've even done the brewery tour. Oh what a night, oh what a hangover!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:43 pm
OMG - I'm back

Smile Re: the down-side of Canada....

Originally Posted by Wookie Wayne
Keiths! I've even done the brewery tour. Oh what a night, oh what a hangover!
Keith's is very refreshing on summer's Friday afternoon on a roof top deck bar (like The thirsty Duck!! Is it still in Halifax). I like Moosehead, used be able to buy it in the UK but haven't seen it for a while
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:06 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
Alexander Keiths was a scottish immagrant who trained in the finest of british brewery's before he moved to Nova scotia.!
Well if there's one ****** that I'd love to slap the head off it's that gobshite in their commercials.

Is this reverse marketing psychology? Make him so annoying so that the public remembers the product?
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 12:48 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I have to agree, the beer is an acquired taste over here.........I have now acquired that taste, LOL!!

The only downside I have come across since being here is the occasional male chauvinism! Having owned a boarding stables in the UK and had many builders etc working for me over the years, I never once came across it (though no doubt it exists there too).......but here in Canada is seems rife! None of the locals are like this I hasten to add, it is builders from out of the area. Of course I set them straight, LOL!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.