Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dogs coming with us on IEC

Dogs coming with us on IEC

Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

adamanddani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dogs coming with us on IEC

Hi, myself and my wife are looking into applying for the IEC next year and we have a potential issue. We have two staffy crosses and are hoping we can bring them with us. A year would be a hell of a long time to leave them with the in-laws. We are also looking into FSW status after the year is up. Anyone who can help us out there?
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs coming with us on IEC

Originally Posted by adamanddani
Hi, myself and my wife are looking into applying for the IEC next year and we have a potential issue. We have two staffy crosses and are hoping we can bring them with us. A year would be a hell of a long time to leave them with the in-laws. We are also looking into FSW status after the year is up. Anyone who can help us out there?
I'd think your main worry at this stage would be succeeding in getting two IECs. Research that first. Your application and that of your wife can't be linked.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Linked in what way? We know that they run in cycles and that not everyone will get one. The reason we're asking this far ahead is we want to cover everything before we apply. Aside from the IEC and the fact I haven't passed my aat yet so fsw is out are there any other options we've got in terms of permanent residency?
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

You can bring your dogs, but I would budget £1600-2000 for the two dogs, one way. Air Transat are the cheapest if you are flying with them.

(I think) You will also need to get Rabies jabs for them if there his any chance of you going back to the UK, otherwise they would have to go in to quarantine if you took them back to the UK.

Last edited by withabix; Sep 28th 2014 at 10:46 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Linked in what way? We know that they run in cycles and that not everyone will get one. The reason we're asking this far ahead is we want to cover everything before we apply. Aside from the IEC and the fact I haven't passed my aat yet so fsw is out are there any other options we've got in terms of permanent residency?
There are lots of thread in the Immigration forum on the odds and tactics of getting an IEC. I suggest you read them before you worry about details like dogs,

By not linked I meant that you each have the same chance of success and if only one of gets in, you may have to contemplate leaving more than your sfaffies behind.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Sep 28th 2014 at 10:49 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Awesome, thanks. As I said we know we want to look at doing atleast the IEC but also looking at something more permanent.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Ok, not meaning to sound arsey but to us our dogs aren't just "details" they are family. Maybe not how you view pets but thats us. Well hopefully we'll both get on the IEC program.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:52 pm
Born again atheist

Ok, not meaning to sound arsey but to us our dogs aren't just "details" they are family. Maybe not how you view pets but thats us. Well hopefully we'll both get on the IEC program.
I refer you to a thread entitled "The Ex-dog owners thread". I'm sure you can work the search function yourself.

Hopefully you will both get IECs, but that's the first bridge you have to cross.

I think owning Staffies will afterward limit your choice of destination province (Ontario for example would be out). Your Province May Vary.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

I think owning Staffies will afterward limit your choice of destination province (Ontario for example would be out). Your Province May Vary.
About time they banned some breeds in BC.

Too many pumped-up 'hard men' on steroids have Pit Bulls to replace their tiny penises.

I know it isn't the dogs' fault, but if they weren't allowed to be bred, they wouldn't be a problem.

(I know staffies tend to be as soft as butter - I grew up with one)
Old Sep 28th 2014, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

@novocastrian please cut the sarcasm. All I was asking was some simple questions nothing too taxing.
@withabix our two are so soft and we understand it'll limit where we can move to if they come with. As I said before just trying to get all the info before committing.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 1:47 am
Born again atheist

@novocastrian please cut the sarcasm. All I was asking was some simple questions nothing too taxing.
@withabix our two are so soft and we understand it'll limit where we can move to if they come with. As I said before just trying to get all the info before committing.
And they were answered. Sort out immigration before fretting about your dogs.

I see no trace of sarcasm in that.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 3:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just FYI, as this is a forum for British Expats, sarcasm and irony abound. Although having said that, I can't see any sarcasm in any of Novo's responses?

But in any event, great British banter is rife on the forum, so do expect it in future!

Old Sep 30th 2014, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Sorry, I was really stressed and tired when I replied. Was just the way I read it.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:20 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, Novo is right. Worry about getting visas first then deal with the dogs.

In my city bull terriers are considered dangerous (official designation by city).
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:57 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
And they were answered. Sort out immigration before fretting about your dogs.

I see no trace of sarcasm in that.
Move along Sir.

Candid feedback and sound advice is not welcome here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.