dogs

Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default dogs

hi all, thought id share my last few days. I phones 2 companies for a quote to ship out to calgary my 3 dogs....they are massive dogs, great dane and 2 newfoundland x st bernard. when i got the quotes i was expecting anywhere around £3000.... but no lucky i was sat down £6-7000 just want to make people aware that it is an expensive thing to send your dogs. unfortunately we dont have that sort of money and have rehomed the newfoundland x's and in the process of homing the dane. its been one hell of a week, its like giving away your kids
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:34 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dogs

Aww, you poor thing. I can imagine how you feel.

We have a dog, he is 11 years old now and we have about 4 years left til we permanently move the Canada. I really am worried about what we'll do if he is still around when we move as I don't know if he'll be well enough to be sedated and flown across the pond. Got tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Big cyber (((((hugs))))) to you.

Karen
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Hampshire rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: dogs

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi all, thought id share my last few days. I phones 2 companies for a quote to ship out to calgary my 3 dogs....they are massive dogs, great dane and 2 newfoundland x st bernard. when i got the quotes i was expecting anywhere around £3000.... but no lucky i was sat down £6-7000 just want to make people aware that it is an expensive thing to send your dogs. unfortunately we dont have that sort of money and have rehomed the newfoundland x's and in the process of homing the dane. its been one hell of a week, its like giving away your kids
Hi
Sorry to hear about your problems, they are like kids aren't they? Before you get rid of your Dane try these people

Global Freight Management / Jets4pets
KMH House
Devonshire Place
Yeadon
Leeds
LS19 7PP

Tel: +44 (0) 113 250 1162
Fax: +44 (0) 113 250 1192

They qouted us £1000 for 2 cats and 1 dog, and they use Air Transat which means we will be able to fly with them.

I really hope this helps.

Best wishes
Rosie
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hampshire rose
Hi
Sorry to hear about your problems, they are like kids aren't they? Before you get rid of your Dane try these people

Global Freight Management / Jets4pets
KMH House
Devonshire Place
Yeadon
Leeds
LS19 7PP

Tel: +44 (0) 113 250 1162
Fax: +44 (0) 113 250 1192

They qouted us £1000 for 2 cats and 1 dog, and they use Air Transat which means we will be able to fly with them.

I really hope this helps.

Best wishes
Rosie
We are in the same boat re an older dog, our lurcher is 14 and getting really really gray now, so am a bit worried, I could never give the dogs away though, I thought about it, but when I thought about the practice, it would break my heart, so I am sorry to hear you've had to do it.

Jets4pets quoted us nearly £3,000 for Hertfordshire to St John's NL, LadyHaye like for like quote was £2,080 and reading some of the threads on here, I can get the price down if I supply my own crates.

Give em a shout:
Sharon Jobe
Interntional Pet Consultant
Ladyhaye Pet Travel
01342 832161 Ex 26

They have been very helpful so far.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the contacts, I phoned both companies and Jets4Pets quoted £2093 and Ladyhaye quoted £1962 for a labrador and springer spaniel (both of them will supply the boxes). It pays to shop around a bit.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you manage to keep all your family together.

My dog has stayed living with my parents since I went to uni at 18. I did mention the idea of her coming out to live with us now but the word dis-inhertiance was muttered. Looks like she'll carry out her last few years as a spoilt grand-child dog in Surrey.

Sophie totally snubs Mr L2S when we see her, obviously blaming him for taking me away.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:10 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know whether this is useful or too late but my Bichon Frise dog is flying on Monday straight into Regina and its cost me 806 pounds for the Silver service which includes making his travel box and things. My son has to take him to the airport to meet the vet who is is designated worker.

I emailed them one day and had a reply the next, cos I'm already in Canada they emailed me all the paperwork, I read, signed and faxed back. My son is now responsible for taking Archie for his fitness to fly certificate on Saturday ready for him to fly on Monday.

Pet Air
http://www.petairuk.com/

good luck
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

kittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant future

So sorry about the pets, we used Ladyhey for our labs cost aroun 1600 pounds but i bought my own cages for them and took them to the airport and did everything else myself worked out cheaper. They flew with zoom airlines.
Hope everything works out for you
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Don't know whether this is useful or too late but my Bichon Frise dog is flying on Monday straight into Regina and its cost me 806 pounds for the Silver service which includes making his travel box and things. My son has to take him to the airport to meet the vet who is is designated worker.

I emailed them one day and had a reply the next, cos I'm already in Canada they emailed me all the paperwork, I read, signed and faxed back. My son is now responsible for taking Archie for his fitness to fly certificate on Saturday ready for him to fly on Monday.

Pet Air
http://www.petairuk.com/

good luck

We used Petair, our Black Lab arrived last night in Toronto, we took the silver service with them £1600 all in, but bear in mind she is a very big dog. Millie stayed with a dog sitter in the UK for almost a week after we left, Petair sent a vet there on Saturday to give her a check up and then drove back there yesterday morning to collect her.

Millie, is fine although she won't leave us alone at the moment, she is like a shadow. Would completely recommend Petair.

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

We used Airpets at heathrow to send our 2 cats to Toronto.
They were picked up at a cattery in London, crates supplied, vet to issue fit to fly certificate and flights - cost £807 and they arrived at Pearson just over a week ago and were just fine if not a little sulky at being in the crates for so long.

They are now enjoying life in a wonderful cattery here in Toronto while we house hunt.

I really recommend Airpets - speak to Eddie or Liz.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:54 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cneldred
We used Petair, our Black Lab arrived last night in Toronto, we took the silver service with them £1600 all in, but bear in mind she is a very big dog. Millie stayed with a dog sitter in the UK for almost a week after we left, Petair sent a vet there on Saturday to give her a check up and then drove back there yesterday morning to collect her.

Millie, is fine although she won't leave us alone at the moment, she is like a shadow. Would completely recommend Petair.

Chris
That's put my mind at rest Chris, they have been very good so far and have been dealing with my son to save having to contact me all the time. I'll let you know how it went.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:07 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Gosh I can't believe how much more it is to fly animals out here!

I flew my dogs, cat and horse out here back in 2004. The dogs (collies) and the cat flew on the same plane as me with British Airways and they travelled as excess baggage. We paid £660 total for bringing all 3 of them here. I bought the skykennels myself, I think they were £90 per dog and £30 for the cat box. I booked direct with British Airways and we flew from LHR to Toronto. It was absolutely perfect - no problems whatsoever.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:28 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew our dogs out in May with Air Transat at a cost of $250 each. I
don't know if they are still carrying dogs as there was some talk of them stopping but the cost was the same regardless of how big the dog was.