Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Doggies Have Arrived

Doggies Have Arrived

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

wickham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doggies Have Arrived

£2800!!!!! I'm shocked and confused! I've read other posts where people have shipped their dogs with Air Transat for $70 each plus crates and no excess baggage charges.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wickham
£2800!!!!! I'm shocked and confused! I've read other posts where people have shipped their dogs with Air Transat for $70 each plus crates and no excess baggage charges.
I'm pretty sure that it is possible to do it far far cheaper as long as you know well in advance. Air Transat were a very cheap option, but there just wasn't the availability for when we had to move. I also think that Zoom are cheaper although they insist that you use a particular pet handling company (I can't remember which). I think that they would have worked out at around £1000 plus crates for the pair. Again, we couldn't use them because of short notice.

At the end of the day we just had not option but to use the expensive guys. We could have put them in kennels while waiting fro one of the cheaper options but we just didn't want to subject them or us to the extra stress since we have lost one dog this year.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
What a beautiful name....our GS was Cimber ( not named after the Lion King 'Simba' but a character out of Julius Caesar ).

No idea on that one.
It's the tranditional Russian nickname for anyone called Alexander. We are so original we essentially gave our dog and son the same name.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:25 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Posidrive
For those of you who worry about how your dogs will make the journey, our two German Shepherds arrived safe and sound in Calgary yesterday afternoon (we arrived on Saturday). Apart from being rather humble they seemed just as perky and happy as when then went off to the airport kennels last Wednesday. So full marks to Airpets.
That's great news Posi.

I sometimes really regret leaving my cat in Canada. She's being very well looked after in Canada and I'm sure she doesn't miss me as much (if at all!) as I miss her but I'd love to have her here (though I think she's too old for the trip by now). Do you have a link for Airpets?