Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dog from N.Ireland to Toronto

Dog from N.Ireland to Toronto

Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Bailies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog from N.Ireland to Toronto

I know there have been many post on transporting animals from the UK but nearly everywhere I have tried are only mainland UK and wont take the dog from N.Ireland.

I was all set to fly from Dublin with Air Transat mid July as their website gave the impression that this was ok provided I took the direct flights and didnt go through the UK and was just holding off until the sale of my house went through to book.

I have tried to call them 3 times and got passed round loads eventually ending with a company that used to do cargo for Air Transat but doesnt anymore. Finally phone Dublin airport but apparantly only BMI does animal transport from there now and not to Canada.

The best option so far is for us to fly Belfast to Heathrow and then on from there with Air Canada but the cost of the flights are ridiculous compared to others.

The pet transport companys are all so expensive and also only seem to do mainland UK.

Another possibility is to get someone to drive us on the ferry to mainland and go from somewhere else but unsure who actually does take animals now, is it just air canada?

Would love to hear from anyone that has travelled from Ireland recently with pets?