Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

dog-friendly areas of vancouver?

dog-friendly areas of vancouver?

Old Oct 17th 2012, 5:23 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog-friendly areas of vancouver?

Originally Posted by Oink
How delightfully middle class.
I know! My aspirational dreams have finally been fulfilled!!!

Unfort. still stuck taking the bus
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
our dogwalker takes mutt to Hyannis park which I believe is somewhere in North Van. All the dogs are off leash.
Live in the country and doggy exercise is no problem. Open the door, let them out, they run around the farm all day, put them in at night.

Show them a leash and they go nuts and want to go for a walk, after running around the whole day unleashed, go figure.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Off-leash dogs in Vancouver parks bolt for the wildlife - that's when the fun begins.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 3:47 am
AndyxJules

andyxjules will become famous soon enough

not sure where you are? anyway someone mentioned Pacific Spirit Park, it's next to UBC and it is a huge trail park/woodlands and you can get a 'dog map' marking on-leash & off-leash trails, it would tire you both out! We used to live near 'Valdez Park' (Dunbar/kits area) it has specific off-leash hours, and we excersised our dog there every day, it's small but they can run and fetch balls etc. The main thing is it is safe, clean and the people are friendly, it's a usual crowd and everyone knows all the dogs etc. We now live in west van. and go to Ambleside Park (it is off-leach all times, with trails, grass areas and it is beside a doggy beach too) hope this helps!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

i'm sure i replied to this yesterday but it must have not sent the reply...strange!
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying! really appreciate you taking the time to help out pacific spirit park sounds lovely and we'll be sure to check it out once we get to vancouver!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornwall9
i'm sure i replied to this yesterday but it must have not sent the reply...strange!
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying! really appreciate you taking the time to help out pacific spirit park sounds lovely and we'll be sure to check it out once we get to vancouver!
You're not going mad, you did reply, but you put it in your other thread, the "rain and surf in vancouver" one...
Old Oct 19th 2012, 9:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Live in the country and doggy exercise is no problem. Open the door, let them out, they run around the farm all day, put them in at night.

Show them a leash and they go nuts and want to go for a walk, after running around the whole day unleashed, go figure.
This is my life - I love walking the dogs (apart from they don't come in at night!)
Old Oct 19th 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

@bucks_family haha whoopsie, would anyone guess i'm blonde?
Old Oct 19th 2012, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

vancouverpickles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cornwall9
just from looking at google maps stanley park looks like it ticks all the boxes. are dogs allowed off lead there?
Hey,

Check out Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver. It is pretty accessible if you are downtown and able to head over the Lions Gate in non-rush hour. It is wooded and offers good walking options. It is dog friendly and there also beaches for doggie swimming.