Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does 'Hozelock' work in Canada?

Does 'Hozelock' work in Canada?

Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:20 pm

plca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the rough
Default Does 'Hozelock' work in Canada?

Hi all,

Daft question (or maybe not). Has anyone ever imported a 'Hozelock' (garden hose reel) and got it to work okay? (-are the outside tap fittings the same in Canada as in the UK?). If not I shall put it in the "to be sold before I leave" pile... Have searched the forum but not found a single reference.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does 'Hozelock' work in Canada?

Not a daft question as it all costs money when you get here!!
I'm pretty sure it would fit.We have 2 outside taps that are threaded and from memory they seem to be the same size unless somebody else knows different. if not you could always change or adapt the connectors.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MR MOM
I'm pretty sure it would fit.We have 2 outside taps that are threaded and from memory they seem to be the same size unless somebody else knows different. if not you could always change or adapt the connectors.
Hi all,

I thought the same thing 3 months ago, so having just come back, I checked whilst there and it will fit.

You need to take from here - (UK) a 3/4 Hozel converter to the standard fitting. The tap in Canada is 3/4 Female, so if you get the adapter here it will screw straight onto the tap which then coverts to all your Hozel fitments.

It's more or less the same as what you'd do here, but some use 1/2 here. I intend taking several as they do tend to fail or break in time.

Hope this helps

Y
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:28 pm

plca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the roughplca is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MR MOM
Thanks for the reply. You're right of course, nothing worse than selling something cheap to find out later that it would've worked just fine.

P.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi all,

I thought the same thing 3 months ago, so having just come back, I checked whilst there and it will fit.

You need to take from here - (UK) a 3/4 Hozel converter to the standard fitting. The tap in Canada is 3/4 Female, so if you get the adapter here it will screw straight onto the tap which then coverts to all your Hozel fitments.

It's more or less the same as what you'd do here, but some use 1/2 here. I intend taking several as they do tend to fail or break in time.

Hope this helps

Y
Excellent, thanks for that Yogi-Bear. I will stock up on a couple in advance. Nice to know there's one less thing to get rid of before we depart for Calgary in June.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our's with us and they work fine.

I had an outside tap in England to which I used to screw a male hozelock attachment. That attachment screws directly onto all of our outside taps here and so works like a treat. The only downside to all of this is that very few Canadian attachments have hozelock fittings. Their whole male and female screw fittings here are not very good, particularly when the end of the hoses usually have screw parts that rotate within the hose, not good if is becomes tight in the fitting. To remedy this, I always cut the end off hoses here and fit a new end so that they can't rotate.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Ours is working fine too, just screwed straight onto the outside tap.