Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Do they have online grocery shopping in Canada yet?

Do they have online grocery shopping in Canada yet?

Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do they have online grocery shopping in Canada yet?

ahhhh: I soooo miss French supermarkets, and French online shopping.

So far, here in Vancouver, I had only found the very high-priced online-shopping for organic things -- two options (that I have come across):
spud.ca
https://vancouver.greenearthorganics.com (exists in Toronto, too)

Will check out thrifty foods.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Yes, I continue to really miss Waitrose. Love the self scanning as you shop, the home delivery, the range, the quality, the approach to business.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-shop-waitrose
I'm suprised the big grocery stores like Safeways, T & T, Whole Foods and Save On Foods don't deliver
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
I'm suprised the big grocery stores like Safeways, T & T, Whole Foods and Save On Foods don't deliver
anyone tried this http://superdeliveryguys.com/groceries.html
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

They have WiFi at the my local Safeways.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:14 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
They have WiFi at the my local Safeways.
Is it Safeway that is WiFi or is there a Starbucks in the store and they provide it?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:16 pm

Co-op in Calgary had online shopping for a few years then it disappeared about two years ago.

My next door neighbor has MS and used it all the time, her hubby walks down to our local Safeway now.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Is it Safeway that is WiFi or is there a Starbucks in the store and they provide it?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:23 pm

Hmmm wonder what their intent is?

I always wanted to check my email or check BE when grocery shopping. NOT.

Or is there a Starbucks in the store?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:14 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they have online grovery shopping in Canada yet?

Originally Posted by dbd33
Grocery Gateway dot com deliver. I can't say I know anything about their groceries but their bloody great lorries blocking the streets and belching fumes are a pain in the arse. It takes a massive ego to make your neighbours late for work and to cause their children's lungs to bleed just to save yourself the trouble of stepping outside to fetch a box of fish fingers.

(I concede that if you have a Gilbert Grape degree of obesity or are in an iron lung then delivery may be a necessary evil).
So, is it better for each person to get in their individual cars creating more traffic and loads of fumes which cause kids 'lungs to bleed' and loads of irate people trying to speed through the isles to get their shopping and having some arsehole with trolley rage ramming into the back of your ankles then being stuck in an endless queue being served by a grebby teenager who doesn't give a shit scanning the food at tortoise speed?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

I cannot drive so online shopping would be helpful for me otherwise have to struggle on the skytrain/bus or shell out for a cab. Or find a friend with a car and beg them to take me shopping and stock up on all the heavy grocery items hehe so only have to get light fresh stuff. Oh well am not moving out until Nov 17th
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the local supermarkets delivers. It was an IGA but is now independent. You have to go there I think to chose and then they deliver. My mum does this at home via Budgens and that makes sense as she is 80 and walks the mile to the shop and back again. Most wrinklies here drive though so I'm not sure what the benefit is, maybe you order then go to work and they deliver later??
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:51 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen this but not tried it yet . . .may give it a bash . .
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
So, is it better for each person to get in their individual cars creating more traffic and loads of fumes which cause kids 'lungs to bleed' and loads of irate people trying to speed through the isles to get their shopping and having some arsehole with trolley rage ramming into the back of your ankles then being stuck in an endless queue being served by a grebby teenager who doesn't give a shit scanning the food at tortoise speed?
Apart from wondering why you wouldn't do the scanning yourself, yes it is, those cars fit down the streets, a giant truck bring a single carrot to one house in the street blocks the road to no good purpose. Besides, one could walk to the shop, something very many people do.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:54 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Apart from wondering why you wouldn't do the scanning yourself, yes it is, those cars fit down the streets, a giant truck bring a single carrot to one house in the street blocks the road to no good purpose. Besides, one could walk to the shop, something very many people do.
One carrot
Walk with 10 bags of heavy shopping
Old Jul 16th 2010, 6:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Walk with 10 bags of heavy shopping
I have this appliance, common in Canada, called a "shopping cart".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.