Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Do i need to my put childs british passport application on hold?

Do i need to my put childs british passport application on hold?

Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice
Default Do i need to my put childs british passport application on hold?

I was hoping someone might be able to help with this as i am not really sure.

So i will and summarize this the best I can. I am just in the middle of applying for my babies British passport so that he has proof of his dual citizenship.

I happen to stumble across Adult renewals and name changes and now thinking I might actually have to change mine first before i apply for my son. My British passport has my maiden name on it, I didnt change it to my married name after getting married in Canada as i was not sure if i wanted to change it. Plus i had hoped if i did start using my married name here, i would just sort it when we move back which was supposed to happen a couple of years ago but we are still here! So now i pretty much have my passport, pr card and all my bank cards in my uk in my maiden name and my docs here in my married name. I wanted to double barrel it but my hubby is dead against it.

So if my passport still has my maiden name and my sons birth certificate both my married and maiden name, do you think it will cause me problems applying for his passport? Or do I just put his on hold and renew my passport with my married name. Plus would that mean i would have to change my uk bank details and other docs too such as national insurance? I would like to avoid sorting mine first if i could as i would need to do it during my next visit to the uk which will not be until sometime next year. Plus i have filled out my sons form ready to go, but i understand there is no point sending it if i am going to get a delay on his application.

If anyone has any experience with this, please help.

Last edited by KerinaK2008; Nov 13th 2012 at 5:16 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:25 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i need to my put childs british passport application on hold?

IOT to eliminate the possibility of a delay and loads of questions from the passport office, along with time and money....I'll say get yourself sorted out first, and then apply for your child's passport.

Never too young to apply for one IMHO. I know others think otherwise, but each to their own right
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice
Default Re: Do i need to my put childs british passport application on hold?

Thanks for the reply. I guess it would be safer for me to sort mine first. It is a shame i can't sort his too when i visit the uk. It has to be sent through the Washington route which takes so much longer. Unless anyone knows if this has changed?