Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Disorderly conduct

Disorderly conduct

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

RogerRamJet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disorderly conduct

So, me and my friend found ourselves in a spot of bother at the weekend. Nothing we are proud of! We got caught up in a bit of a fight in a bar, and the police were called. We were subsequently given a disorderly conduct ticket and fined $172.
Now, the sections on the ticket are 69 (2) (9) and I can't find any info on them. Also need to know if it would affect pr applications (which are already in process) I have heard that it shouldn't. This is the first and last! Offence here.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disorderly conduct

Who started it?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:40 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Provided neither of you have any other convictions it should be fine.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet
So, me and my friend found ourselves in a spot of bother at the weekend. Nothing we are proud of! We got caught up in a bit of a fight in a bar, and the police were called. We were subsequently given a disorderly conduct ticket and fined $172.
Now, the sections on the ticket are 69 (2) (9) and I can't find any info on them. Also need to know if it would affect pr applications (which are already in process) I have heard that it shouldn't. This is the first and last! Offence here.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Section 69(1) enables the senior police officer present at the scene to order persons to leave the land if he or she reasonably believe they are committing, have committed or intend to commit the offence of aggravated trespass. A person disobeying such a direction or returning to the land as a trespasser within 3 months commits an offence contrary to s 69(3). As with s 68 the words "in the open air" in s 69 were removed by s 59 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003.

Not sure on (2)

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/t...sance_on_land/
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

I don't have any convictions here, but did in the uk which are over 10 years and considered spent. It was actually the door staff who started it. I was using the toilet, when I came back my friend was on the floor with 2 door staff standing on his head! But because we had both been drinking we couldn't argue our side of the story..... We had only been in this bar long enough to order a drink and use the toilet!
The police weren't much better. One of them smashed my head of the wall and split it wide open. Not a lot I can do about it though!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any convictions here, but did in the uk which are over 10 years and considered spent. It was actually the door staff who started it. I was using the toilet, when I came back my friend was on the floor with 2 door staff standing on his head! But because we had both been drinking we couldn't argue our side of the story..... We had only been in this bar long enough to order a drink and use the toilet!
The police weren't much better. One of them smashed my head of the wall and split it wide open. Not a lot I can do about it though!
The plods are a bit heavy handed here as they don't have a great pool to recruit from.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:08 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh, you is in Canada already

Section 69 is a referace to rioting, which would also be a fight among a few peeps i would think

They found 11 more, including Section 69 which applies to peace officers who fail to take reasonable precautions to stop a riot.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/obscure...#ixzz2RJLGDIaL

I then found this

Some examples of convictions that could make you inadmissible to Canada include: DUI, DWAI, Theft, Petty Theft/Larceny, Assault, Drunk & Disorderly Conduct

http://www.canadavisa.com/immigratio...ssibility.html

Last edited by magnumpi; Apr 23rd 2013 at 6:19 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:13 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The plods are a bit heavy handed here as they don't have a great pool to recruit from.
OP can at least be thankful that they weren't shot or tazered.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:17 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

something missing from story here
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Haha, yeah.... In Canada already. And yes I'm glad they didn't taser me!!!! I went quietly once the cops showed up, it was back tag the station where I got my head bounced.
I also read that about section 69 being a riot involving 3 or more people. So will that mean the door staff got charged too? I doubt it lol.....
My main concern though is that it doesn't affect my pr app. I'm happy to just pay the fine coz at the end of the day I misbehaved....
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
Ok, what have I missed???
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
I would say that being drunk and disorderly, plus assulting a cop, (which they will say you were, as you most likely placed your head into his hands so he could then smash said head onto a wall) would not be very helpfull with regards to a PR application.

I think that if you pay the fine that would be admitance of guilt. Thats how traffic law works anyhow.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Nah, there's no assault charge. It's basically misbehaving.....
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, like a say though I misbehaved and got fined. I'll pay it and that's it..... Hopefully!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:34 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Ok, what have I missed???
the whole truth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.