Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Diseases in Schools

Diseases in Schools

Old May 25th 2006, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diseases in Schools

No need for fancy expensive shampoo, just get any cheap conditioner and comb through the hair then it's wet, the nits cannot grip the hair.

I also have been told about vinegar, tea tree oil is another one.

Linda
Old May 25th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the nit nurse back in the early 1970's. We all had to wait in line while she inspected our heads carefully. That was the only time I recall being inspected, probably because that was the time I had the dreaded little buggers partying in my hair (and I was sent home in shame, not to return until I was clean - but we all took it on the chin back then) ooooh, the shame and trauma "This child has nits"! sob, sob.
Old May 26th 2006, 1:36 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I remember the nit nurse back in the early 1970's. We all had to wait in line while she inspected our heads carefully. That was the only time I recall being inspected, probably because that was the time I had the dreaded little buggers partying in my hair (and I was sent home in shame, not to return until I was clean - but we all took it on the chin back then) ooooh, the shame and trauma "This child has nits"! sob, sob.
LOL, I so remeber having to line up to be checked by the nit nurse, only difference was that if you had them then you'd get a letter at the end of the day, and of course everyone would know you were 'nitty' i was lucky never to get a letter but can remeber having to sit still for ages while my mum combed through my hair and zapped the little buggers. I've been lucky that my boys have never had it (touch wood !) but then as soon as they've started playschool/school i've made them have 'short' haircuts, but my sisters girls though get it weekly from the school they attend, and its alway seems to be the same peoples kids spreading it (she has actual made a point of telling a couple of the mums that their kids have nits i think its because she gets so fed up of having to comb out long red curly hair !)
Old May 26th 2006, 1:38 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I've read (can't remember where) that clean hair is more likely to be attactive to head lice and allow them to take hold than dirty hair.

Makes sense to me cos I was a grubby little kid - my mom had to wrestle/threaten/coerce me into a bath - and I never caught anything except chicken pox and cooties from boys.
That'll teach you to kiss the boys