Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Different roots.

Different roots.

Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:45 pm
Vancouver...one day

Rasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant future
Default Different roots.

Hey, was just wondering if anyone could clear something up for me.
Is the AOE a different thing from the SW or does it just speed the SW application up. I'm taking it you can't go straight from an AOE to PR without going through a PNP/LMO. and am I right in saying you need an LMO to get a PNP. But then I thught SW and PNP were different, so can you even use an AOE to get a PNP.
Sorry if I have got my wires crossed here, I feel like I do, my head hurts, all these letters and roots confuse me, the rules always seem to change, the wikki does nothing but confuse me, cic always leeds me to a page wich always seems to contridict what I have just read, but then when I go back I can never seem to find what I have just read, and don't even get me started on that noc matrix majiggi-talk about over the head. Sorry, rant over.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different roots.

Originally Posted by Rasputin
Hey, was just wondering if anyone could clear something up for me.
Is the AOE a different thing from the SW or does it just speed the SW application up. I'm taking it you can't go straight from an AOE to PR without going through a PNP/LMO. and am I right in saying you need an LMO to get a PNP. But then I thught SW and PNP were different, so can you even use an AOE to get a PNP.
Sorry if I have got my wires crossed here, I feel like I do, my head hurts, all these letters and roots confuse me, the rules always seem to change, the wikki does nothing but confuse me, cic always leeds me to a page wich always seems to contridict what I have just read, but then when I go back I can never seem to find what I have just read, and don't even get me started on that noc matrix majiggi-talk about over the head. Sorry, rant over.
You are mighty confused! I've always found the Wiki and CIC website to both be very clear and easy to understand, but hey! Really don't understand how you can fail to 'get' the NOC Matrix though, it's only one page and all you have to do is find out your Skill Level on it!! If you tell me what your jo/NOC code is then I'll look at it for you and find out your Skill Level if it helps?

Anyway...........an AEO is an 'Arranged Employment Option' which is basically a job offer. To be eligible as a Skilled Worker you either need to work in one of the 38 occupations on 'the list' OR to have an AEO. So, if you have an AEO you can apply as a Skilled Worker.

Does that explain it? Hope so but do shout if you've got any other questions!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:02 pm
Vancouver...one day

Rasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant future

Thanks.
I kind of get that about the Arranged offer of employment. So even if your job isn't on 'The List' you can still apply as a skilled worker as long as you have the job offer? and just pretty much disregard the PNP/LMO scenario?

My job is a veterinarian assistant (still training at the min tho) it falls under code 3213. I'm pretty certain that it dosn't fall under the skilled worker list, but if you could shed any light or point me in the right direction I would be so so greatful.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Thanks.
I kind of get that about the Arranged offer of employment. So even if your job isn't on 'The List' you can still apply as a skilled worker as long as you have the job offer? and just pretty much disregard the PNP/LMO scenario?

My job is a veterinarian assistant (still training at the min tho) it falls under code 3213. I'm pretty certain that it dosn't fall under the skilled worker list, but if you could shed any light or point me in the right direction I would be so so greatful.
Code 321 falls under skill level B doesn't it? Therefore you would be eligible as a skilled worker if you had a job offer
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

That's exactly right. You either need a job on 'The List' OR a job offer, not both. So if you had a permanent job offer then you would qualify as a Skilled Worker. Or you could go via the TWP/LMO route and then upgrade to PR via PNP or Skilled Worker. It really depends on whether your employer will wait for you (PR via SW with AEO will take 6-12 months to be processed), if not then it's much quicker to go via a TWP but obviously not as secure for you.

And I'm going to talk you through the NOC matrix so that you hopefully 'get' it in case you need to use it again..........http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...6/Welcome.aspx

Click on the above link and then put your job title into the search box on the left. You will then see that the NOC code for your job is 3213 (and if you click on the number it takes you to the detailed description for your job, including the main duties you need to be performing in order to qualify under it - note it says you need to have completed your training).

Then go to where it says 'Matrix' on the left hand side, click on that and it takes you to the NOC Matrix which is where you'll find out your skill level. At the top it has the different headings, as your NOC code is 3213, you need to go across to '3' (Health Occupations). Then look down that column until you find '321' which covers all the occupations in your category, and you'll see by looking at the left that it's Skill Level B.

So you would qualify as a Skilled Worker assuming that (a) you have a job offer as well; and (b) you have enough points. If you're not sure about the points then take the self assessment test to see how many you score............http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigra...sess/index.asp

Hope that helps you understand it a bit more, best of luck.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:33 pm
Vancouver...one day

Thank you all so much. I finally get it (hopefully) now. Sorry that you had to hand walk me through all of that, I just honestly couldn't do it, I know I probably seem very dumb, but thank you so much. Claering that up for me has just made my week/month. thanks!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Thank you all so much. I finally get it (hopefully) now. Sorry that you had to hand walk me through all of that, I just honestly couldn't do it, I know I probably seem very dumb, but thank you so much. Claering that up for me has just made my week/month. thanks!!
Sometimes you just have so much information going round your head it's hard to separate it out