Reload this Page >

Different questions at the same Citizenship Test

Different questions at the same Citizenship Test

Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Sundin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different questions at the same Citizenship Test

Hi,

We've just returned from our citizenship test in Hamilton, 20 multiple-choice questions, mostly straightforward, with a couple of trickier ones. I expected that everybody would have had the same 20 questions, but my wife and my son had a different set of questions than I did. Is this the norm? I'm a little worried in case we were all supposed to be doing the same test.

Cheers,

Sundin13.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:27 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different questions at the same Citizenship Test

same at mine. I think it's to stop people cheating.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Sundin13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew! That's a relief.

And thanks for the quick reply!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Really as if people would do that
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Yes. They also told family members to sit far apart when I took mine.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:26 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I think they have a large bank of questions. Blocks of 20 are chosen for test papers and they use a variety of different papers in any one session.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 11:36 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

There was 6 of us took the test today in Halifax. We were told we all had different tests. We all passed
Old Sep 26th 2012, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yes. They also told family members to sit far apart when I took mine.
Ditto

Originally Posted by Cookie
We all passed
Congrats!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:25 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

does anyone ever truly fail these things ?

ie the citizenship cards are already printed ; if you get below 16/20 or whatever do they make you come back - or are you asked a set of follow up questions - you have to satsify the head honcho you know your stuff , i seem to remember (the justice of the peace or similar...)

if you're over 50 you don't a command of the english language (from memory)
- is the test translated into your native tongue in that case

had around 100 at my test, and seemed to recall there were no 'fails'
although some of the punters seemed like they may stuggle

whole thing seems a bit of a sham ; just another level of paperwork to go through...
Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
About 30%, according to the last news article I read. Though my questions seemed easier than the examples given on the web so they've probably tried to reduce that number.

ie the citizenship cards are already printed ; if you get below 16/20 or whatever do they make you come back - or are you asked a set of follow up questions - you have to satsify the head honcho you know your stuff , i seem to remember (the justice of the peace or similar...)
If I remember correctly, they told us that if we failed we'd have to be interviewed by the citizenship judge or reapply and wait another two years.

The questions seemed to largely test whether you understood English or French, since you could pretty much eliminate 50% of the answers as clearly wrong if you did. Once you got to that point, basic knowledge of the information in the book should be enough to get the required fifteen right.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:45 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
Funny, but I almost did.

When I did mine (long time ago in a small town) you were interviewed by a judge. I did mine in winter with a french Canadian, hockey nut judge and we spend most of the time just BS'ing about hockey. Pretty sure I got most of the answers wrong but he passed me anyway.