Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Differences between Canadian and British people

Differences between Canadian and British people

Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:55 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Differences between Canadian and British people

Originally Posted by Porthcawl
So I'm a troll - could be worse, I could be a french troll! About being a hoot, Oh Novo I can be hilarious
Not shown any evidence of it thus far!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually quite inventive to be that bad at grammar/punctuation.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:04 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
A bit like Les Dawson playing the piano. He was apparently quite accomplished when not messing about deliberately.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
A bit like Les Dawson playing the piano. He was apparently quite accomplished when not messing about deliberately.
Yes
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:18 am

Porthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Would you like to elaborate?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:34 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like to elaborate?
Yes...you suck...mere self centered narcissistic behavior doesn't cover it...why would anyone elaborate...you wouldn't listen?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As a point of fact, the Canadian French have every right to hate the English after the English kicked the Acadians out of Canada.

Perhaps you should read up on that before you start spouting off.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 8th 2014 at 2:32 am. Reason: sp.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Yes...you suck...mere self centered narcissistic behavior doesn't cover it...why would anyone elaborate...you wouldn't listen?
Narcissistic punctuation? Is that like with emoticons?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:53 am

Porthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud ofPorthcawl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As a point of fact, the Canadian French have every right to hate the English after the English kicked the Acadians out of Canada.

Perhaps you should read up on that before you start spouting off.

I have read everything on the war of 1759 from cover to cover, there is nothing you can tell me about that event. Good on General James Wolfe and the British Army. Chew on that.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 8th 2014 at 2:32 am. Reason: sp (mine)
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:53 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I won't even dignify your response with an answer madam. Except to say I picked on the wrong race of people when I said the french were ignorant, unless it's because you have spent too much time with them!
It's the "picking on" part that's wrong you see. One doesn't pick on people.

You've been welcomed to the forum and responded with venom. So pull your neck in and behave decently.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have read everything on the war of 1759 from cover to cover, there is nothing you can tell me about that event. Good on General James Wolfe and the British Army. Chew on that.
Really. How sad that you have that attitude... particularly as the Acadians were exiled from Canada in 1755.

You really are getting very close to crossing the line.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 8th 2014 at 2:31 am.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:45 am
"In cruce vincam"

Really. How sad that you have that attitude... particularly as the Acadians were exiled from Canada in 1755.

Go on - shoot her Capt Mainwaring. You know you've got the right!
Old Jul 8th 2014, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

I understand there in no English in Quebec at all! they even have language police there. Talk about double standards. If anyone had the incentive to start a petition I would be the first to sign it.
Shall I be pedantic and point out that the first person to sign it would likely be whoever 'had the incentive to start a petition'?

Old Jul 8th 2014, 8:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Go on - shoot her Capt Mainwaring. You know you've got the right!
I don't think we need to tbh, I think she's shooting herself in the foot anyway.

Edit: I've just been informed that s/he has flounced yet again, so as you were peeps.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 8th 2014 at 8:16 am.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 10:46 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't they been exiled back in?

They must have been. I know a few. Nice people. I think. Even my franco wife has trouble understanding them when they speak frog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.