Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Did you find everything you were looking for today?" ...

"Did you find everything you were looking for today?" ...

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:20 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" ...

I've always been a big proponent of customer service over here but I have been wondering what would happening if you didn't respond in the normal way to one of the banal questions usually asked at the check out...

Futureshop yesterday for some speaker wire and (hopefully) a subwoofer, when I was asked "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" I responded with "No, not quite." as I didn't see the right (cheap) subwoofer I was after... The response was "Oh... well... something's better than nothing..." presumably referring to the cable... Not quite the "Oh, what haven't you found?" in a let at least pretend to follow up kind of a way.

I am going to continue this market research next time. What will they say when I tell them that I am not "Good" when asked "How are you?"
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:53 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" ...

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
I've always been a big proponent of customer service over here but I have been wondering what would happening if you didn't respond in the normal way to one of the banal questions usually asked at the check out...

Futureshop yesterday for some speaker wire and (hopefully) a subwoofer, when I was asked "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" I responded with "No, not quite." as I didn't see the right (cheap) subwoofer I was after... The response was "Oh... well... something's better than nothing..." presumably referring to the cable... Not quite the "Oh, what haven't you found?" in a let at least pretend to follow up kind of a way.

I am going to continue this market research next time. What will they say when I tell them that I am not "Good" when asked "How are you?"
Just tell them your crabs are playing up today.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:01 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by Tangram
I'm saving that, do some decent market research and all that...
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:38 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
And due to the unfortunate hook hand situation, could they help you with a scratch or three

Rich
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:22 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
And due to the unfortunate hook hand situation, could they help you with a scratch or three

Rich
lol
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:32 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Rich
In my experience I would just a blank "he's got a funny accent" look... Surely they should at least feign interest and ask what I want looking for!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:35 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience I would just a blank "he's got a funny accent" look... Surely they should at least feign interest and ask what I want looking for!

why?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:43 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
why?
Oh, I was referring to my original comment - surely if they ask if I found everything and I said "no", then they'd want to know how they'd failed me?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

The complete opposite happened to me...

I was with my friend in Michael's (craft store) and at the till she was asked if she had found everything she wanted. When she replied no she hadn't found a particular product she wanted, the cashier was really concerned and spent lots of time trying to help her find it on the shelves, in unpacked boxes and even called over a colleague to check in the stock room.

It really p!##$d off the rest of the queue I can tell you!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:53 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

We had one of the cashiers in B & Q ask us this and on that particular visit there were quite a few thingswe hadnt found (out of stock or just didnt have) and when we told her this she just didnt know what to do/say. Just told us how much our bill was and that was it!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

masiosare is an unknown quantity at this point

It is just one of those retail predertermined questions

I actually usually say, yes I was looking for this particular soup and I found it! I'm so happy about that (to be sarcastic)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

"Did you find everything you were looking for today?"

A chain of grocery stores on Vancouver Island goes through phases of asking that question just find out what to stock in their shops. I think both staff and customers find it annoying but it's a great opportunity for fun. When asked that question but a male cashier, I once replied that I couldn't find my g-spot and he said it was on the top shelf in aisle 7a and then we both had a good laugh.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:31 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's nice of them to ask (but then I'm still new to the country) but when i've been here a while longer or when I am next in a crappy/sarcastic/silly mood I might try the old trick of saying something daft like hoping to find something that they patently don't or aren't likely to stock and see what happens
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I was referring to my original comment - surely if they ask if I found everything and I said "no", then they'd want to know how they'd failed me?
They're programmed to ask, not to be interested.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:20 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Safeways does this every time, last week I couldn't find any parsnips, so to 'did you find everything you needed today" I replied, 'no I couldn't find any parsnips" the reply was " did you look in fresh produce" I could have throttled the girl.:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.