Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Desperate person needs urgent help

Desperate person needs urgent help

Old Jul 8th 2001, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

klerj is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a permanent resident who got married to my husband in October 2000. We sent in the inland sponsorship application a few weeks after that. In february of 2001, my husband received a removal order which he did not honor for many reasons. A few been that his absence will cause tremendous hardship to our family. I am 4 months pregnant and we have a child of 6 years.Due to the fact that he has no work permit, its only my income that was sustaining the family and it was barely enough. He provided child care for our child while I worked. We sent a letter to immigration explaining the reasons why my husband could not honor the removal order. My husband was eventually deported on the 9th of may. Now I have lost my job due to lateness to work. I had to take my child to school. I have lost my car and am on the verge of losing my home. I hope you understand when I say am desperate.
My questions are, and I have gotten conflicting answers from different lawyers,which of us will get the interview letter? He is from ghana and was deported to ghana. Will both of us still have to attend the interview? or just me?.In which country will the interview take place? I was also told by an immigration officer that since he was deported, he will no longer be on the priority list and as such will have to wait for another 12 months before an interview. 2 months after we filed the inland spousal application, we received a letter saying that we will be contacted within 12 months. Considering the fact that we have already waited about 8 months before he was deported, is the immigration officer correct when he says we will have to wait another 12 months? Thank you all for your anticipated response.