Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

decorators in Alberta

decorators in Alberta

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default decorators in Alberta

Hi

Father in law is a painter and decorator by trade and he has said they are interested in coming out to canada. He has asked me to find out some info on decorators in Alberta but I have not really found anything out yet!

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the demand is like for painters and decorators in Alberta and also what the rate of pay is like?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: decorators in Alberta

Hi, With all the new builds going on I should imagine painters are in high demand (as everybody else is), I believe they charge something like $100 extra if you change colours ie one room pink another blue (god knows what it would be if you had red and purple spots) - sorry I can't be of more help.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Hi

Father in law is a painter and decorator by trade and he has said they are interested in coming out to canada. He has asked me to find out some info on decorators in Alberta but I have not really found anything out yet!

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the demand is like for painters and decorators in Alberta and also what the rate of pay is like?

Thanks in advance
Hi Sarahad,
Go to www.jobbank.gc.ca
Type painter on the very top space.
Under job category, choose Trades,Transport and Construction.
Choose Alberta on the province section.
Then All of Alberta on the area section.
Yes there are jobs for your father in law
If he is still in UK , Alberta is hosting market events there.
I posted the website yesterday.
Good luck
Yoong

Last edited by Yoong; Jan 23rd 2007 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hi, With all the new builds going on I should imagine painters are in high demand (as everybody else is), I believe they charge something like $100 extra if you change colours ie one room pink another blue (god knows what it would be if you had red and purple spots) - sorry I can't be of more help.
Only $100.... Hmm.. We get 4 colours included but that includes the stain on cabinets and whatever you do with the base boards. Thereafter it's $500 for each colours...
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:39 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Only $100.... Hmm.. We get 4 colours included but that includes the stain on cabinets and whatever you do with the base boards. Thereafter it's $500 for each colours...

I knew it was some crazy figure, the reason I heard was that they had to clean up between colours - at those prices surley they could afford new equipment per colour, I suppose that is why we are going to spend this weekend painting!