Decision made

Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made

Originally Posted by iaink
The application is all but complete anyway. You of all people should appreciate that peoples attitudes here can be....misinterpreted
Normally i'd agree but i don't like your attitude in this posting
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:32 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Three points:

1) Since the openning post was also the posters last post isnt this all rather academic

2) It appears that the OP has a negative attitude anyway

3) I for one have a major issue with anyone who ties up the system (any system) with pointless applications (which reading between lines this was because the OP never REALLY had any intention of moving)

Given all this I would disagree and tell the OP (if they come back) to damn well stay in the UK.
I don't have a problem with people gaming the system if it's designed such that it's possible. I doubt CHC cares, they get their money either way and there are plenty of people willing to take the OP's place.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:41 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I don't have a problem with people gaming the system if it's designed such that it's possible. I doubt CHC cares, they get their money either way and there are plenty of people willing to take the OP's place.
I think Butch's point (and one that I agree with) is that these other people could be here now, getting on with their lives and contributing to Canada, if it wasn't for people who apply, get accepted, then decide it is not convenient for them anymore.

That said, the OP seems to have made the right decision for herself. It would be very selfish to land and take a PR place away from someone else "just in case".
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:46 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by el_richo; Jan 7th 2010 at 4:48 pm. Reason: Weird, i quoted a completely different thread.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaceace
If it were me, I would proceed with gaining PR and land via a nice Canadian holiday, then at least you really do have the option to go over within the next 2 years if you do change your mind.

You've obviously thought long and hard about that tough decision and good luck for the future.
Agree with spaceace... at least it leaves your options open. How sick will you feel if you change your minds again???
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:08 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I think Butch's point (and one that I agree with) is that these other people could be here now, getting on with their lives and contributing to Canada, if it wasn't for people who apply, get accepted, then decide it is not convenient for them anymore.

That said, the OP seems to have made the right decision for herself. It would be very selfish to land and take a PR place away from someone else "just in case".
That is EXACTLY what I meant
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:19 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It would be very selfish to land and take a PR place away from someone else "just in case".
Yes, but that is exactly what I would do. Entirely rational behaviour.

(I don't care about Canada and I'm not here to contribute to it - I'm here for purely selfish reasons)
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:22 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but that is exactly what I would do. Entirely rational behaviour.
Kind of like spreading betting where the loss is incurred if you dont move over permanently and the stake is the cost of landing.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:24 pm

Kind of like spreading betting where the loss is incurred if you dont move over permanently and the stake is the cost of landing.
Well, consider it to be like buying an option with an expiry.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Except I dont see how they are taking a place from anyone who wont get a place anyway. They are basically at the point all the work has already been done.

The problem is it takes so long for PR to be granted that peoples lives inevitably move on and some have second thoughts. Its the systems fault, not the applicants.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:33 am
Wannabe Canuck

anet367 will become famous soon enoughanet367 will become famous soon enough

Three points:

1) Since the openning post was also the posters last post isnt this all rather academic

3) I for one have a major issue with anyone who ties up the system (any system) with pointless applications (which reading between lines this was because the OP never REALLY had any intention of moving)

Given all this I would disagree and tell the OP (if they come back) to damn well stay in the UK.
Interesting view on someone you don't know !!!

We had every intention of moving over, therefore not just clogging up the system as you say!! Going through the whole process does make you REALLY think about it. It is an easy thing to start and I know there are many other in the same position that I am (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638546).

To finish the process would cost us the permanent residency fee, approx $1000. Also, I know Van is expensive but if we now changed to another area of Canada I assume we would need to apply again as you apply to a province (?). We have thought long and hard about this but I feel our minds are now made up (not in limbo any more).

Thanks for all the messages from everyone (excluding Butch Cassidy of course)
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anet367

We had every intention of moving over, therefore not just clogging up the system as you say!! Going through the whole process does make you REALLY think about it. It is an easy thing to start and I know there are many other in the same position that I am (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638546).

To finish the process would cost us the permanent residency fee, approx $1000. Also, I know Van is expensive but if we now changed to another area of Canada I assume we would need to apply again as you apply to a province (?). We have thought long and hard about this but I feel our minds are now made up (not in limbo any more).

At the end of the day it is a personal decision and only the OP and partner can decide what is the best thing to do!
What do they say? "Regret what you have done, not what you haven't"? - or something like that...
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow
I cannot believe what you have said. It is a long and tense journey when we all start off, and what you have said is not very nice. We all have the right to research the move and will be swayed by what we find out. For some it is what they are looking for, but sadly for others it is not. As for clogging up the system, we long termers are clogging up the system.....through no fault of our own....and it really angers me that the new system are being processed so quickly.........they should have cleared the backlog first and could hae quite easily done so by saying to the new applicants that processing would take about a year.
A two tier system is never good for anyone.
Stef

Three points:

Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

No you can move anywhere you want to in Canada once you have PR (with the exception of provincial nominees) Just because you said Vancouver.....you could simply get on a flight to Ontario and move there instead. Without the need to reapply.

My take on this...and it is my opinion.....is that it would be wise to continue and get your PR....yes it is paying out another $980.....but you have already paid your application fees, police checks, medicals....so what you have invested is so much more and would be wasted. Continue to PR and you will have opened your options for later and would have lost nothing. You may want to do it in the future....who knows....and the whole immigration application system has changed and you then may not be eligible if your job is not on the list at that time.

Totally your call
Good luck with whatever you decide
lol
Stef

Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:58 am
Banned

Two and a half years of waiting and you didnt even bother to research what 'rights of residence' PR gave you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.