Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Decision Made......

Decision Made......

Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:44 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decision Made......

Well it seems CIC have made a decision on my PR application so i'm just sitting patiently on the door mat with a cuppa, waiting for the postie.

My question is, is it possible to fast track your passport through Canadian embassy in London so as to have a mega quick turnaround on plonking the Visa in my passport?

The reason i ask is that, as perfect timing would have it, i fly to Vancouver in 2 weeks and would have loved to land and get it over with then. If not i guess it's a good excuse to pop back in a few months.

Another question is (i've seen it on here but i'm too lazy to look), how long do you have to send your passport in? Is it 30 or 60 days?

Thanks so much in advance
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:41 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Made......

Originally Posted by el_richo
Well it seems CIC have made a decision on my PR application so i'm just sitting patiently on the door mat with a cuppa, waiting for the postie.

My question is, is it possible to fast track your passport through Canadian embassy in London so as to have a mega quick turnaround on plonking the Visa in my passport?

The reason i ask is that, as perfect timing would have it, i fly to Vancouver in 2 weeks and would have loved to land and get it over with then. If not i guess it's a good excuse to pop back in a few months.

Another question is (i've seen it on here but i'm too lazy to look), how long do you have to send your passport in? Is it 30 or 60 days?

Thanks so much in advance
Take it in person and they turn around in two weeks - think you can only drop off and collect on Thursdays at a certain time. Search the immigration forum
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Take it in person and they turn around in two weeks - think you can only drop off and collect on Thursdays at a certain time. Search the immigration forum
I'm pretty sure it's between 2pm and 3pm
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Decision Made......

Hi,

just a suggestion but how about emailing them, explain your situation and say decision has been made and ask them to email your passport request....hope this helps and good luck.

MR79
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

KDucros is an unknown quantity at this point

We chased our updated application as deadline to enter canada is 25 July 09, I then got a call today saying they'd email me the passport request and visiting London tommorrow to drop them off for the 2 week turnaround. Not sure they could do it quicker though anything's worth a try.
Good luck
K
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

KDucros is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KDucros
We chased our updated application as deadline to enter canada is 25 July 09, I then got a call today saying they'd email me the passport request and visiting London tommorrow to drop them off for the 2 week turnaround. Not sure they could do it quicker though anything's worth a try.
Good luck
K
Oh and yes it's 2-3pm.
p.s. use the email forum they have on the CIC website
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

We dropped out passports off at the Embassy in London and collected it two weeks later without a problem.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:57 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers everybody. I'll send them a message to see if anything can be done. If not then that's fine.

I just hope it's 60 days to provide passports and not 30, otherwise it'll be a squeeze
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:20 pm
Beep

Well it turns out that CIC emailed me to my secondary email address on 8th June to confirm i'm good to go and have 45 days to give them my passport.

Yippedy skip!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

Gorgeous weather over here at the mo, don't bring the rain with you
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:45 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Congrats!

Gorgeous weather over here at the mo, don't bring the rain with you
Yeah i hope it stays that way. Although it seems the rain may be ending in London soon. We walked by the Thames after dinner and it was lovely.

Roll on 25th June
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:26 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Congrats!

Gorgeous weather over here at the mo, don't bring Lorraine with you
Why, what's wrong with her?