Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Decided on Ontario

Decided on Ontario

Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future
Talking Decided on Ontario

Hi All

I am new to this site and hoping to meet some people who are the firSt stages of emmigration. I would love to get chatting about experiences and feelings what everyone is going through, me it's excitment and scary!
I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 5 and a wonderful husband, we went to Ontario in June and basically fell in love with Canada, although we could have done with a month to look around further. We have decided to look more at Burlington, Stoney Creek and Oakville (if funds allow us)!!! we have family there so it will be an easy move (famous last words).
I am looking for anyone who is thinking about emmigrating to Ontario especially these places and hopefully make some new friends.
I do have a question though, we can't decide who will be our Principle Applicant for SW. My husband is at University and finishes his BA Hons next year, but has 8 years experience in machinery work, I have 5 years experience as a Community and Youth worker, I thinking my husband should with the amount of experience he has, anyone have any advice?

Look forward to hearing from you all
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:14 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decided on Ontario

Hi welcome to the site If you look in the immigration forum you may get the answers you are looking for. After reading a thread in that forum yesterday on the chances that the points will soon be raised for skilled worker, you may want to look at which one of you is more likely to get a job offer and try for PNP. Good Look
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sans
Hi welcome to the site If you look in the immigration forum you may get the answers you are looking for. After reading a thread in that forum yesterday on the chances that the points will soon be raised for skilled worker, you may want to look at which one of you is more likely to get a job offer and try for PNP. Good Look

Hi Sans

Thanks for the advice, we thought about PNP, but Ontario is only taking so many this year and they seem to be looking for Nurses, Doctors, etc. I don't know whether we could apply anyway hoping they will be changing the entry to be the same as the other Provinces that have PNP.

Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:39 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

hello and welcome to BE
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 27mich71
I do have a question though, we can't decide who will be our Principle Applicant for SW. My husband is at University and finishes his BA Hons next year, but has 8 years experience in machinery work, I have 5 years experience as a Community and Youth worker, I thinking my husband should with the amount of experience he has, anyone have any advice?

Hi and welcome

The principle applicant should be the person who scores the most points.

Theres tons and tons of advice and information and lots of helpful expats on this forum to help with your immigration (and lots of friendly banter too ) Someone will always try and help you.
I don't know much about PNP but i think you may have to have a Job offer first. You could maybe try the search button and Judy's wiki page is an excellent form of information.

HTH Jo xx
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

MrandMrsT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband and I have just sent our forms away also. We are looking to move to Ontario, more Barrie, Wasaga beach area. We were in Canada for three weeks this summer and it confirmed forus what we already knew - we just had to move. So off went the forms and now begins the wait. Hopefully it won't be toooo long!!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:24 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I would suggest you avoid the Beach, a major new development has been announced, the place is fast becoming Disneyland North.

I live about 20 clicks West of Collingwood, not sure if you need to commute, but there are several very quaint smaller Villages in the same area where you will get more affordable housing without the sprawl.

We get over 2,000,000 annual visitors and this area is just starting to develop.

Want to get away from it all, but still be close to TO?

http://www.manitoulinisland.com
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:29 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

http://www.manitoulin-island.com/

Sorry for the commercial ,pretty sneaky way to get hits?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:14 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

I am new to this site and hoping to meet some people who are the firSt stages of emmigration. I would love to get chatting about experiences and feelings what everyone is going through, me it's excitment and scary!
I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 5 and a wonderful husband, we went to Ontario in June and basically fell in love with Canada, although we could have done with a month to look around further. We have decided to look more at Burlington, Stoney Creek and Oakville (if funds allow us)!!! we have family there so it will be an easy move (famous last words).
I am looking for anyone who is thinking about emmigrating to Ontario especially these places and hopefully make some new friends.

I would try the test on the CIC site for the self test for skilled workers and whoever gets the mosts points becomes the principle applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

All the best
Danny
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
I would try the test on the CIC site for the self test for skilled workers and whoever gets the mosts points becomes the principle applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

All the best
Danny
Hi Danny

We have decided that my husband should be PA as he has 3 more points than me, so the forms are filled and ready to go!!

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

guinivere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Hi, Nice to hear your moving to Oakville. I have just came back from there having spent 2 years, its a lovely (very english) part of Ontario - but be aware that it is expensive and the housing is costly compared to the rest of Ontario. But beautiful and the people are very friendly !!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I live about 20 clicks West of Collingwood,
What's a 'click'?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:39 am
Banned

A click is a Kilometre.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:07 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

and the nearer to the GTA the more you pay for the house!!
We have just found this out on our recci.

We can pay more for a 20yr house than a new build and there is about 5 min drive between them......
why?? we got told as the schools are there with the older house and the trees have grown etc etc, i actually liked the new house's, but 15 mins drive out of the area buys even more!!!!

Best advise we have been given is rent, get a good realtor and they will help you find a good rental!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Hi All

Hi 27mich71. Hope you have decided on your PA. What is your husbands degree in by the way? We are looking at similar areas to you as the company my husband works for has an office in Oakville. I have family that live in Ontario and they are advising us to live a bit further away from Toronto and are looking at Orangeville for us. Think this may be too much of a commute but we may as well explore all possibilities! Good luck with it all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.