Decent salary

Old Dec 2nd 2020, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent salary

OK, I'll bite! My fathers old joke (1950 - 60's vintage) went along the lines of:

Guy having a social chat with his boss at a BBQ with a few beers, subject somehow get around to Sudbury......

Guy: Sudbury?? Only two things come out of Sudbury - hookers and hockey players!
Boss: My wife comes from Sudbury!!
Guy: What team does she play for?

Seriously - I would got for Peterborough every time. Close enough to the country and within sensible distance of civilisation (Toronto, Ottawa or Kingston).
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 12:26 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
Both of my employers have been advertising for weeks now so inability to hire a Canadian veterinarian for this position can be proven easily but there might be ceratin rules to LMIA. In veterinary industry there is massive shortage of vets all over Canada so LMIA should not be a problem but I might be wrong of course.
to be honest I have not thought of leash walking since my mutts in the park are off the leash most of the time. Will have to direct that question to people on the ground there in Peterborough and Sudbury.
Thanks again for your help
people often walk their dogs off leash in the countryside around Peterborough. They usually call them and leash them when they see another dog.. depending where youbendbuo living you may have enough land to walk them on your property.

message me if you have any questions about the area. I love 30 minutes from Peterborough
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Animal bylaws - Peterborough - https://bylaws.peterborough.ca/bylaw...cument_id=9924
8.4 No owner of a dog shall permit the dog to be at large in the City. A dog shall be deemed to be at large if it is found in any place other than the owner’s property or a City designated “leash-free zone” and accompanied by the owner. 8.5 Every owner of a dog shall ensure that the dog is kept on a leash and under the control of a person when the dog is on any land in the City unless: i. the land is the premises of the owner of the dog; ii. the land is owned by a person who has given prior consent to the dog being off the leash;
https://www.peterborough.ca/en/explo...-dog-park.aspx

Sudbury: https://www.greatersudbury.ca/live/a...ontrol-by-law/

Dogs

• All dogs must be leashed and under control when leaving your property.
  • You must have the ability to keep your dog under control to avoid unwanted contact with other people or animals.
  • Dogs living on rural properties of 0.5 hectares (1.2 acres) or more can run free if they remain on the owner’s private property.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
I got 2 job offers. They vary significantly. Both located in a bit rural Ontario : Peterborough and Sudbury.
my question is: what would be a decent family income for a couple with two dogs to live without watching every pence?
we are thinking about a small house (rent first then possibly buy), somewhere on the outskirts, two cars etc.
The lower offer sounds better but I don't know if we would be able to live a normal life on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi there, I've lived in Peterborough for 8 years. It's not without its faults (where is?) but generally we think it's a great place to live. As others have mentioned, proximity to Toronto, Ottawa, and some great countryside are major plusses. Please feel free to PM me for any specifics about neighbourhoods etc.
Oh and 120K PA here should be ample for a comfortable lifestyle.