Reload this Page >

Date of application for Files transferred

Date of application for Files transferred

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Rajeshwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have a following query
i have applied for canada immigration in independent category in september of 2001 at New Delhi.Now if i transfer my file( for convenience of attending interview as well as faster processing) to another canadian embassy in Singapore where i am living since 2 years on work visa. what will be the date of application in my case september 2001 or the date on which the application is transferred to new visa office? i want to know this as per new regulations now there will be distinction between applications recieved/applicats applying before and after dec 15, if they have not got an interview waiver or completed an interview before 28th june 2001(date on which new regulation comes into effect).
your response will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 22nd 2002, 7:37 pm
Jim Humphries

If you transfer your application it will be paced at the bottom of the pile in
Singapore and take the date it is received there. Sad but true. Jim Humphries, former
visa officer

Rajeshwar wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Rajeshwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Mr Humphries,
First thanks for the reply,I was hopeful that the date of my application will be Sep 2001 even if i have my file transferred to S'pore High Comm. I was informed in the High Comm here in S'pore when i enquired regarding this that they will consider my actual date of application i.e Sep 2001 if new regulations are applied for me after transfer of my file.
Now i am confused?
One more thing is interview compulsory in my case if i continue to keep my file in New Delhi?. As i was informed in the application acknowledgement letter sent from New delhi that their area of jurisdiction is India,Nepal Bhutan and applicants applying from other countries of residence are required to attend an interview.
Although I'm a citizen of india living in spore for 2 years will i compulsarily need to attend an interview ? if yes i would like to transfer my file to Spore.
What do u suggest.
Old Jan 23rd 2002, 4:15 pm
Jim Humphries

They mean to say that they will assess you under the new regulations but with a pass
mark of 75 - still higher than many can reach. If you intend to remain in Singapore
for the foreseeable future I would transfer the file and await events. Jim Humphries

Rajeshwar wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >