Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cycling In Winter

Cycling In Winter

Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tim Dart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cycling In Winter

I've lived in Canada for 6 years, and it was a great adventure. In December 2011 I moved back to the uk due to personnel reasons. Anyway in the time I've spent back in the uk I rediscovered my love for cycling.

Anyway I've been back in the uk for just over a year now and I'm thinking of returning to Canada. Does anyone cycle in the winter in Canada? I'm not talking about just a gentle riding. But people who are serious into cycling. Mountain biking, Roadies etc..

Just wondering how you manage to get your cycling fix.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice
Default Re: Cycling In Winter

winter stud tyres (or tires) on my mountain bike and off into the wilderness, or the local city mountain bike trails.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Turbo trainer + sufferfest
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim Dart
I've lived in Canada for 6 years, and it was a great adventure. In December 2011 I moved back to the uk due to personnel reasons. Anyway in the time I've spent back in the uk I rediscovered my love for cycling.

Anyway I've been back in the uk for just over a year now and I'm thinking of returning to Canada. Does anyone cycle in the winter in Canada? I'm not talking about just a gentle riding. But people who are serious into cycling. Mountain biking, Roadies etc..

Just wondering how you manage to get your cycling fix.
Difficult in BC during the winter due to rain/snow and ice. Take up skiing or cross country skiing to keep fit during the winter. Spring/Summer/Fall is great. Catch a free ferry to an island in the middle of the Fraser River and do 30km a day without fear of being run over by some nut in a truck or car in the city. Scenery is to die for, river mountains and nothing in between. Can switch off and totally relax. Take you pick, road, mountain, cross country whichever works for you. Have friends who cycle 100km each ride to magnificent places during the summer.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tim Dart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses. It's great to see there is options for getting out in the winter.

Loving the Sufferfest video option.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

http://fatbikes.com