Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Customs question

Customs question

Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute
Default Customs question

I have an Alfa ( over 15 years old) and this was declared when I 1st landed and vague paperwork was completed about the car but no reg details or serial numbers. I am looking to get rid, as it is becoming problematic and perhaps bringing another vehicle instead, does anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Last edited by Yorkiechef; Sep 9th 2013 at 6:48 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs question

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
I have an Alfa ( over 15 years old) and this was declared when I 1st landed and vague paperwork was completed about the car but no reg details or serial numbers. I am looking to get rid, as it is becoming problematic and perhaps bringing another vehicle instead, does anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks for the replies in advance!
There is a lot of info on the regarding the imporatation of vehicles. A good place to start is RIV and the CBSA as this will answer your questions

http://www.riv.ca/home.aspx
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5048-eng.html
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links, I can't find the answer and I think I need the help of FL.

My specifics are as follows, I have had my car for four years, if I now change my car, having landed and having all the customs paperwork completed and dated last year, if I now change my car, the new cars v5 reg doc will have a date for this year, but my paperwork is dated lat year, is this likely to spook anyone? Am I allowed to bring in a different car now I have landed or am I stuck with my current Alfa?

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, still not got the definitive answer, whether that is positive or otherwise.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:23 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Thanks for the links, I can't find the answer and I think I need the help of FL.

My specifics are as follows, I have had my car for four years, if I now change my car, having landed and having all the customs paperwork completed and dated last year, if I now change my car, the new cars v5 reg doc will have a date for this year, but my paperwork is dated lat year, is this likely to spook anyone? Am I allowed to bring in a different car now I have landed or am I stuck with my current Alfa?

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, still not got the definitive answer, whether that is positive or otherwise.
No, you can only import goods to follow that you owned and used prior to landing.