Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Customs Office at Pearson

Customs Office at Pearson

Old Jan 3rd 2019, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

H1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Customs Office at Pearson

Hello

Our container from the U.K. is arriving earlier than we thought.

We have to go to the Customs Clearance Office near Pearson but are unsure of the exact address. We have only been here almost 3 weeks so driving about is still a nightmare. Can anybody advise please

Old Jan 3rd 2019, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs Office at Pearson

Originally Posted by H1pp0
Hello

Our container from the U.K. is arriving earlier than we thought.

We have to go to the Customs Clearance Office near Pearson but are unsure of the exact address. We have only been here almost 3 weeks so driving about is still a nightmare. Can anybody advise please

I went there in November also to clear my container. Address is here:

2720 Britannia Rd E, Toronto ON L4W 2P7

It is right in the middle of the airport itself. Best way to get there is the 401 and turn off on Dixie Road junction heading NW. Take the 2nd major turn to the right which is Britannia Road E. Then all you do is stay on Britannia Road East, you will drive past an unmanned barrier through the airport permiter, it looks intimidating and you think you must have taken a wrong turn, but you haven't! The CBSA building is huge and unmistakeable!

Have a read about what you need to do and take here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_...aim_your_goods

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Jan 3rd 2019 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 3:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We have only been here almost 3 weeks so driving about is still a nightmare.
I have been here nearly 38 years. I recently had to drive to the Toronto airport. It was still a nightmare.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

H1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Hurlabrick for the fantastic details.

dbd33, poor hubby is driving, I provide the navigation. I will have to drive soon. Help!
Old Jan 4th 2019, 12:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I went there in November also to clear my container. Address is here:

2720 Britannia Rd E, Toronto ON L4W 2P7

It is right in the middle of the airport itself. Best way to get there is the 401 and turn off on Dixie Road junction heading NW. Take the 2nd major turn to the right which is Britannia Road E. Then all you do is stay on Britannia Road East, you will drive past an unmanned barrier through the airport permiter, it looks intimidating and you think you must have taken a wrong turn, but you haven't! The CBSA building is huge and unmistakeable!

Have a read about what you need to do and take here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_...aim_your_goods

You had to go to the Commercial Customs Clearance at the Airport to clear your 'goods to follow' Container shipment? Your shippers didn't suggest you went to your local bonded warehouse to clear customs instead? My son had to go to the airport customs office to clear his cargo shipment (goods accompanying) that came on the same flight.. but for my Container Shipment I went to a customs office in Stoney Creek. Might be worth checking with your shippers whether you can go to the bonded warehouse place in Mississauga instead - unless you are bringing your shipment in by air, in which case it would definitely be the airport customs office...

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 4th 2019 at 1:01 am.
Old Jan 4th 2019, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You had to go to the Commercial Customs Clearance at the Airport to clear your 'goods to follow' Container shipment? Your shippers didn't suggest you went to your local bonded warehouse to clear customs instead? My son had to go to the airport customs office to clear his cargo shipment (goods accompanying) that came on the same flight.. but for my Container Shipment I went to a customs office in Stoney Creek. Might be worth checking with your shippers whether you can go to the bonded warehouse place in Mississauga instead - unless you are bringing your shipment in by air, in which case it would definitely be the airport customs office...
That's where my shippers told me to go, so that's where I went!

They certainly didn't look surprised and happily and quickly stamped the release form my shippers sent me.....
Old Jan 5th 2019, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Hurlabrick for the fantastic details.

dbd33, poor hubby is driving, I provide the navigation. I will have to drive soon. Help!
Hi and welcome to Canada, just wanted to let you know that driving here isn’t as bad as I feared ( I was physicaly shaking the first time I drove) once you get to grips with the rules, turning right on a red and the 4 way stops etc. Although I haven’t driven on the QEW much 😆
Old Jan 7th 2019, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

� ����I shake when hubby drives so dreading my first time.

The removals company have confirmed 2720 Britannia Rd East so I am happy that has been confirmed.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

������I shake when hubby drives so dreading my first time.

The removals company have confirmed 2720 Britannia Rd East so I am happy that has been confirmed.
I don't know if you have spotted the wiki article on some of the key driving rules differences here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Driver...nces_in_Canada

I know what you mean, took me 6 - 8 weeks driving here to get reasonably comfortable. I found (and still do) that I have to think carefully before making a manoeuvre to make sure I am on the right side of the road and looking the right way first - it is when you do something quickly without thinking coz there is say only a small gap in traffic - that is when it can go wrong!
Old Jan 7th 2019, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

������I shake when hubby drives so dreading my first time.

My husband made me drive around a car park first to get my bearings going around on the wrong side making turns etc. It’s just a matter of retraining your brain.

Good luck with your shipment.