Reload this Page >

Currency exchange

Currency exchange

Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

damion 77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currency exchange

Hi
Does anyone new to Canada know (from personal experience) the best way to exchange a large sum of money from Pounds Sterling to Canadian Dollar for a mortgage downpayment? I want to get the best exchange rates!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:42 pm
Occasionally on....

Location: From Calgary, Was in Leeds on WHV, Back in Calgary now.
canadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nicecanadianinleeds is just really nice
Default Re: Currency exchange

Bank draft. Might take a while to clear. Mine from dollars to pounds took 2 weeks. it was £7500. They gave me pretty much the exact exchange rate that can be found on XE.com Do you have a Canadian bank account?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

damion 77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currency exchange

Hi
So to get a bank draft do we just contact our Uk bank where the money is being held and ask them to send it to us by post? Surely they will just use their exchange rate though? We do have a Canadian bank account.