Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all
Default Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Can any one tell me if it would be a problem to cross into the US and then back into Canada towing a trailer with household goods on board for relocation???

Looking for your experiences as well so please post them

Thanks
Roger

Former Lancastrian or Novacastrian where are you guys???

Last edited by Aqua; Jul 4th 2013 at 6:53 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Originally Posted by Aqua
Can any one tell me if it would be a problem to cross into the US and then back into Canada towing a trailer with household goods on board for relocation???

Thanks
Roger

Novacastrian is in France getting pissed on cheap vino and gorging himself on cheap cheese and decent bread.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Typically!!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Thanks
Roger

I cross my local boarder several times a month a couple weeks ago met a German guy that was doing the same but to Toronto, US customs were pulling his trailer and contents apart, and then questioning him about his intentions suspicious that he was planing on setting up house somewhere in the US, so check with them first and make certain you have documentation to back up what you intend to tell boarder control.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

I cross the border for business 7 or 8 times a year with no problems but have never taken a trailer over.

Maybe I will pack and ship the goods!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Novacastrian is in France getting pissed on cheap vino and gorging himself on cheap cheese and decent bread.
It's Novocastrian. Nova is my wife (according to bats).
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ok.... Novo!!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine why there'd be a problem if you have your paperwork in place.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Only concerned about the US border mostly, it only takes one to have a bad day!!! Really don't want to have to empty the trailer
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:56 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Iso check with them first and make certain you have documentation to back up what you intend to tell boarder control.
The question wasn't about tenants' rights.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:59 pm
Born again atheist

Only concerned about the US border mostly, it only takes one to have a bad day!!! Really don't want to have to empty the trailer
As you say, you might meet a renegade nursing a hangover, it's happened to me. But what can you do? You'll be lucky and get FL's American cousin. Oh, yes.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Now I'm just worried

Cheers Mr Novo
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As you say, you might meet a renegade nursing a hangover, it's happened to me. But what can you do? You'll be lucky and get FL's American cousin. Oh, yes.
For the benefit of BE posters there is only one like me in Canada but I can attest there are officers on both sides who are worse than me.
So is the OH or Mrs Nova not enjoying the wine, cheese and bread along with you?
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Now now.... Lets not argue, this is a happy place
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:59 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

So is the OH or Mrs Nova not enjoying the wine, cheese and bread along with you?
Bien sur. We literally had just bread, cheese & wine for lunch today.

Who could ask for anything more? <isn't that a song?>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.