Reload this Page >

CRNE Nursing Exam Now Over

CRNE Nursing Exam Now Over

Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

shasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRNE Nursing Exam Now Over

Hi All,

Just returned from our trip to Prince Edward Island, to sit the CRNE nursing exam.
Horrible, Horrible!!!!!
Can't believe in this day and age, its allowed to put people through that torture.
We registered at 0730, began at 0800, lunch 1200-1300, further 4 hours in afternoon, finishing at 1730.
What a day, so long, too long.
Exam itself, consisted of 1 multiple chioce book (128 questions) and 1 short anwser book(35 questions) in morning, same again in the afternoon.
All questions wide and varied, one extreme of nursing to another.

Its all over now, thank god!
Now have to wait until August for results, more waiting. No changes there then.

Holiday itself was brill, can't wait to go back for good.

Sharon
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRNE Nursing Exam Now Over

Wishing you all the best Sharon,it is worth it in the end
when you get the registration. I took the CRNE many many
years ago during the snowy winter in Edmonton.
Travelled from Grande Prairie by Grey Hound after work with 2 other grads.
Checked into a motel overnight.Up early for the exam and then
back to Grande Prairie after a long stressful day.
Good luck and soon you will find yourself back working in PEI
as an RN
Yoong
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on getting through it . I'm sure you'll be fine. I hate having to wait for the results, I'm just completing a top up degree at the moment and it's horrible waiting weeks for the results.

In fact last essay due in on Fri (5000 words) and surfing here instead of starting it, it's amazing what you get done when you should be studying. I've decorated our bedroom, stripped and varnished the stairs, tackled the nettles in the garden and cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more all to aviod doing it. Then the day before I'm banging my head on the table, stressed to hell, and up till 4am getting it finished, all the time swearing next time it will be different. Right going to stop surfing now and get stuck in, stress levels are rising to about 6/10 now.

Sharon
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Kabel will become famous soon enough

Good Luck for the results

I imagine with a day as long as that and an exam with that many questions by the end of it you have absolutely no realistic idea of how you've got on!

I bet August seems a long long way away.

Will they post your results to you or can you get them via email/online? If posting is the only option the days when they post them until you get them will feel even longer than the wait up to that point.

All the best Sharon

Kabel
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kabel
Good Luck for the results

I imagine with a day as long as that and an exam with that many questions by the end of it you have absolutely no realistic idea of how you've got on!

I bet August seems a long long way away.

Will they post your results to you or can you get them via email/online? If posting is the only option the days when they post them until you get them will feel even longer than the wait up to that point.

All the best Sharon

Kabel
Hi Kabel,

I know my question is a little off topic, but you were very helpful in answering me previously, so here goes...
I begin my nurse training for 3 years this Oct. I'm wondering whether to apply through the SW route or wait until just before I qualify and apply direct to hospitals in and around Vancouver/BC? Because the SW route is currently taking several years I'm wondering if they would accept application whilst only being a student, any ideas?

Im going out to Vancouver for a vacation early July and was thinking of visiting a few hospitals whilst there, speaking to their HR departments and getting a feel for the demand of international nurses over the next few years.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Hi Kabel,

I know my question is a little off topic, but you were very helpful in answering me previously, so here goes...
I begin my nurse training for 3 years this Oct. I'm wondering whether to apply through the SW route or wait until just before I qualify and apply direct to hospitals in and around Vancouver/BC? Because the SW route is currently taking several years I'm wondering if they would accept application whilst only being a student, any ideas?

Im going out to Vancouver for a vacation early July and was thinking of visiting a few hospitals whilst there, speaking to their HR departments and getting a feel for the demand of international nurses over the next few years.
I would imagine for the SW route you have to have a nursing qualification before applying as without it you don't meet the criteria for skilled worker). From what I can remember from my form I got points for the education and had to provide details of experience. Not being pessimistic but your not guaranteed to pass and a lot can happen during training.

I would focus on your training and once you have qualified apply for a job. I applied via SW route last year and was sitting out the long wait, then asked Calgary Health if there were any jobs, was offered a position and hope to move within 6-8 months.

Hope that helps

Sharon
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
I would imagine for the SW route you have to have a nursing qualification before applying as without it you don't meet the criteria for skilled worker). From what I can remember from my form I got points for the education and had to provide details of experience. Not being pessimistic but your not guaranteed to pass and a lot can happen during training.

I would focus on your training and once you have qualified apply for a job. I applied via SW route last year and was sitting out the long wait, then asked Calgary Health if there were any jobs, was offered a position and hope to move within 6-8 months.

Hope that helps

Sharon
Im pretty confident in passing (my nursing course that is) as I already have a Bsc degree, although not 'professionally' qualified in anything as such.
Depending on my personal circumstances at the time, I'm thinking the best way to go is to start looking and enquiring direct to hospitals abroad just before I qualify.

Thanks Boxerdog03
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Im pretty confident in passing (my nursing course that is) as I already have a Bsc degree, although not 'professionally' qualified in anything as such.
Depending on my personal circumstances at the time, I'm thinking the best way to go is to start looking and enquiring direct to hospitals abroad just before I qualify.
I think you're probably right do start enquiring when you're about to qualify. Even if you had enough points to start the SW process now you would probably find that you'd qualify, get a job offer and work permit all before the PR came in.

I know it would probably cost a lot, but is it at all feasible for you to try and do your training in BC? I think if you already have a degree it's only a 2 year course. Just a thought.

Kabel
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:01 am
jacquidur

jacquidur is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shasa
Hi All,

Just returned from our trip to Prince Edward Island, to sit the CRNE nursing exam.
Horrible, Horrible!!!!!
Can't believe in this day and age, its allowed to put people through that torture.
We registered at 0730, began at 0800, lunch 1200-1300, further 4 hours in afternoon, finishing at 1730.
What a day, so long, too long.
Exam itself, consisted of 1 multiple chioce book (128 questions) and 1 short anwser book(35 questions) in morning, same again in the afternoon.
All questions wide and varied, one extreme of nursing to another.

Its all over now, thank god!
Now have to wait until August for results, more waiting. No changes there then.

Holiday itself was brill, can't wait to go back for good.

Sharon
Have fun whilst you wait for the results and try not to worry too much about it (like I did)- I know its easier said than done!!
I took my CRNE nursing exam last Feb - the results came back in 10 weeks. (I passed thankfully).
I am now working as a RN for the university as a research nurse and I love it.
Jacqui
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes. I,m just so glad its over, and i will try to put it behind me, for now. Its very nice not having to study everyday.

Good luck with your essay Boxerdog03, due tommorow, don't stress too much!!

Sharon
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shasa
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes. I,m just so glad its over, and i will try to put it behind me, for now. Its very nice not having to study everyday.

Good luck with your essay Boxerdog03, due tommorow, don't stress too much!!

Sharon
Due tomorrow and 2000 words to go Think I might be pulling an all nighter.

Sorry I could have worded that better, What I meant was that something might come up thats puts a stop to your training i.e pregnancy, illness, just hate the course/nursing or just don't feel your suited to that branch, although a friend of mine failed and once I had to fail a student on her placement, that was horrible.

But until you have the certificate you are not qualified and to apply via SW you need a qualification, think that was how I meant to put it, but have thoughts of failing on my mind (essay).

I would deffo look to securing a job once you have qualified, it will save you money on fee's now (and on student bursary thats a bonus) and as previously stated you will still be in Canada earlier than if you applied now and waited for the SW route.

Sharon

Last edited by boxerdog03; Jun 14th 2007 at 3:34 am.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

my husband sat the exam in Toronto in Feb, he waited the 12 weeks for the letter, and thankfully he had passed, what a relief! when your future hangs on one day!!, he was devistated just after the exam as he had thought that he had failed, his words where"canadian nurses must be the best trained in the world, they know everything about everything!!"" others taking the exam said that they had done a 12 week prep course for it that made him feel worse!, so keep your chin up and it will be worth the wait when that letter comes saying PASS
vicky
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

We'll expect a posting in 2-3months then from you Sharon...saying 'I Passed!', and with a very large number of happy smilies following it.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kabel
We'll expect a posting in 2-3months then from you Sharon...saying 'I Passed!', and with a very large number of happy smilies following it.
lets hopeso!!!!

Sharon