Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Craig from Manchester - Newbie

Craig from Manchester - Newbie

Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:13 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Craig from Manchester - Newbie

Hi and welcome to the forum

We looked at getting someone on board, but spent the money on a recci.
Arrived back with loads of offers, excepted one, got LMO and now waiting for the house to sell so we can get the WP at the airport

What jobs do you do, we also looked at ontario, but the jobs for OH are better for us in alberta, fab place and a good place to look.

Good luck and yeah spend the money on another trip

Gill
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hello Sutty,

Welcome to the site and I hope you get the info you need.

I have also looked into some immigration agents and to be honest we decided to go it alone and see how we go to save on the expense. All the info you could need is one here as well as books and the good old internet. Paying them a visit to find out what their about won't hurt but be cautious.

Good luck and lets hope the wait isn't to long

Loz
Old Jul 11th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Sutty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome!

You will definitely need another recce trip for job hunting - pretty much no other guaranteed way to get to Canada at the moment other than through employment so you'll need to find a job that no Canadian wants or can do. What do you both do for a living? That might help people tell you what your chances of getting out to Canada are.

This page of the Wiki might help you, along with all the other ones (it's a brilliant resource).

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...ultants-Canada

Best of luck.
Morning,

I am in I.T. and Debs is a qualified teacher

Craig
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by loza789
Hello Sutty,

Welcome to the site and I hope you get the info you need.

I have also looked into some immigration agents and to be honest we decided to go it alone and see how we go to save on the expense. All the info you could need is one here as well as books and the good old internet. Paying them a visit to find out what their about won't hurt but be cautious.

Good luck and lets hope the wait isn't to long

Loz
I would like to thank everyone for such a warm welcome and a wealth of advice already. Sat here just thinking of the possible move over to Canada is mind boggling. If I want to ask some more specific questions on immigration do I have to ask it in the immigration forum? I haven't had a chance to read through dos and dont's as yet so forgive the question

Craig
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:04 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutty
I would like to thank everyone for such a warm welcome and a wealth of advice already. Sat here just thinking of the possible move over to Canada is mind boggling. If I want to ask some more specific questions on immigration do I have to ask it in the immigration forum? I haven't had a chance to read through dos and dont's as yet so forgive the question

Craig
Ask anything, anywhere, anytime. If its the wrong place someone will suggest trying another area OR the mods will move it.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Craig
Hello Sutty,

We were like you a couple of months ago (before i found the site) so invested in a couple of books and just read them cover to cover so we had rough idea of what to and how to do it, we thenn started looking around for advice and info. There's so much to take in but i am sure all the effort will be worth it for us all

Loz
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Hi one and All,

Not too sure what to write here but I will give it a go.

I'm married to Deborah, we have 2 children. We recently visited relatives over in Toronto and also did a road trip up to Quebec and Halifax NS.

We loved every minute of our time over there and have decided we want to take the plunge and move over there not just for us but for our childrens futures.

We loved the areas around Toronto, but we have also seen a lot on Alberta - I have a cousin in Banff and it looks really amazing.

We have been talking to an Immigration company Willis Brazolt & Co and have an interview with them at Manchester airport next month.

Any advice from anyone will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Hi there,

We originally met with Willis Brazolt & Co when we were initially thinking about the application - but their fees seemed quite high - so we decided to go it alone - its not that difficult, and you save yourself money. However I'm not sure if going with them would speed up the process... or whether you are paying someone but still playing the waiting game...

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by the_connors76
Hi there,

We originally met with Willis Brazolt & Co when we were initially thinking about the application - but their fees seemed quite high - so we decided to go it alone - its not that difficult, and you save yourself money. However I'm not sure if going with them would speed up the process... or whether you are paying someone but still playing the waiting game...

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Hi There,

I think we will go ahead and see what they have to say, but like you I am favouring doing the process ourselves.

I just need to sit down now and workout what I have got to do first

Thanks

Craig