Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Country of origin

View Poll Results: What UK nationality are you?
English
72.15%
Scots
17.81%
Welsh
5.48%
N. Irish
4.57%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Country of origin

Old May 11th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Country of origin

I'm constantly amazed at the number of Scots on this forum who are off to Canada in relation to English, Welsh or N.Irish. According to the Office For National Statistics (2001 figures) there are 84% English, 9% Scottish, 5% Welsh and 2% Northern Irish within the UK. On this forum I reckon the number of Scots are disproportionally higher.

So, here's a poll to see if the percentage of Scots going to/already there in Canada is disproportionate to the figure living in the UK.

This is only a bit of fun and I doubt if the figures have any relevance to anything but it would be interesting, I suppose

So, simply choose your nationality...

Last edited by steve666; May 11th 2007 at 4:41 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:04 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Country of origin

Originally Posted by steve666
I'm constantly amazed at the number of Scots on this forum who are off to Canada in relation to English, Welsh or N.Irish. According to the Office For National Statistics (2001 figures) there are 84% English, 9% Scottish, 5% Welsh and 2% Northern Irish within the UK. On this forum I reckon the number of Scots are disproportionally higher.

So, here's a poll to see if the percentage of Scots going to/already there in Canada is disproportionate to the figure living in the UK.

This is only a bit of fun and I doubt if the figures have any relevance to anything but it would be interesting, I suppose

So, simply choose your nationality...
Can I vote twice?
Old May 11th 2007, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

the first scot......how proud i feel.......(thinking of haggis,shortbread,whisky etc)
Old May 11th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Can I vote twice?
No you bloody can't
Old May 11th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulCall
the first scot......how proud i feel.......(thinking of haggis,shortbread,whisky etc)
Och, I'm prood of yas so I am.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:24 pm

No you bloody can't
Ah.

Scottish mother, English father (Irish name)......
Old May 11th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah.

Scottish mother, English father (Irish name)......
Where were you BORN.

I have a Welsh father and an English mother but my mothers father is Irish.
I was born in England. So it's wherever you were BORN.
I knew I was going to regret doing this poll.

Haven't heard the Scots saying "I want to be called Scottish" yet...
Old May 11th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Mayfly is an unknown quantity at this point

We're from the Republic of Ireland. Not technically brits but neighbours.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mayfly
We're from the Republic of Ireland. Not technically brits but neighbours.
OK just this once, you can vote. But don't tell any Dubliners
Old May 11th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4767006]Ah.
QUOTE]
Souv I have an Ottawanian weather gadget on my computer screen which reads 21 degrees C. Is this right?? Is it really that warm in Ottawa right now?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:33 pm

[QUOTE=steve666;4767105]
Ah.
QUOTE]
Souv I have an Ottawanian weather gadget on my computer screen which reads 21 degrees C. Is this right?? Is it really that warm in Ottawa right now?
I was born in Brighton. I have no idea where I was conceived (and I'm not going to ask). My origin is thus unknown.

It is about 21 at the moment. It was 29 yesterday, with the humidex at 32. We put the AC on last night. I have been in shorts for the last week.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4767272]
It is about 21 at the moment. It was 29 yesterday, with the humidex at 32. We put the AC on last night. I have been in shorts for the last week.

I had the heating on last night I did see a bloke wearing shorts today though. A giddy reaction to the temperature making it to double (positive) figures for ohh, the 5th time this year!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:42 pm

Is it my computer, my eyes or are the quotes all over the place at the moment?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

So if England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are countries, what is the UK? Would I have to show my passport when going from England to Scotland?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rwin
So if England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are countries, what is the UK? Would I have to show my passport when going from England to Scotland?
Yous lot are trying my patience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.