Cottages!

Old Feb 17th 2016, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

rimce44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cottages!

how often do they need to be repainted?
having worked as a painter and decorator in london it would be interesting to know what are the work oportunities...
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rimce44
how often do they need to be repainted?
having worked as a painter and decorator in london it would be interesting to know what are the work oportunities...
Most cottage owners I've known over the years have all been DIYers. Very few, if any, would pay for such a service.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:04 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
Most cottage owners I've known over the years have all been DIYers. Very few, if any, would pay for such a service.
Not always the case. I used to drink with a carpenter who's clientele included affluent cottagers. It was he who told me they typically sit inside the cottage watching their town house cameras in case of burglars and do the reverse when in Toronto. At the time he was trying to source teak or mahogany (I forget which) to build a swing set because the neighboring cottagers had one made of teak or mahogany (the other one) and his client absolutely had to have one that was more expensive. Now that I work with many cottagers I think that the attitude, if not the budget, is common.

On edit, just a week ago some cottager told me that he went to the neighbors cottage and they answered the door intercom, teasing him for a bit before saying they were in Toronto and had him on the webcam.

Last edited by dbd33; Feb 18th 2016 at 12:07 am.