Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cornish Pasty's in Calgary

Cornish Pasty's in Calgary

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:28 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornish Pasty's in Calgary

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
See ... I would have plumped for Lamb as the meat and potatoes and carrots as the veg.
See thats a variation but its not a traditional cornish pasty, a proper cornish pasty would contain only beef, potatoes, swede & onion..............if I was being really pedantic I would state that it should be split in half with a savoury and a sweet halves
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
See thats a variation but its not a traditional Cornish pasty, a proper cornish pasty would contain only beef, potatoes, swede & onion..............if I was being really pedantic I would state that it should be split in half with a savoury and a sweet halves
My mum was born in the tiny fishing village of Mousehole in Cornwall, so I am half Cornish. I haven't lived in those part of the UK in a long time and yes I definitely miss the odd cornish pasty.... (big sighhhh). I now live in Calgary,

I lived in London for almost 8 years before I came to Canada. The closest I got to a Cornish pasty was from the "West Cornwall pasty company" on the Strand in central London. I often wonder whether it would be something that would take off here. I know they were not "proper," but not at all bad.

OGGY OGGY OGGY !!! OI OI OI !!!!

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Jul 23rd 2008 at 7:27 am. Reason: Not with it .
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chivers52
Was giving 2 to taste test by Save on Foods on the island, very nice they were to, tasted even better being free, scotch eggs would be nice too.
HI
Thanks for the heads up on the location of cornish pasties will be scouting them out at the weekend and I so know what you mean about Scotch eggs I missed them so much I ended up making my own