Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Congratulations to the Conservatives!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Conservatives!!!!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:04 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of
Default Congratulations to the Conservatives!!!!!!

That's 1% extra in my wallet, and misery for those living off hard working people.

I'm going to have another one
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:08 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all
Default Re: Congratulations to the Conservatives!!!!!!

You sound nice.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
You sound nice.
My thoughts exactly!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:13 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

You sound nice.
I really am - you must be psychic
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:15 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

You sound nice.
Hi
Please pardon my ignorance of Canadian politics, but as someone who is to the centre in politics, where exactly are the Canadian Tories? Are they anything like our old Tories coz if they are I'm stayin here!!! Lol.

I supppose as someone who is moving over later this year I should have taken a keener interest, but if they're anything like our politicians over here, then they will all screw you and break their promises!!!! so what's the point?

Cheers
Drew
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi
Please pardon my ignorance of Canadian politics, but as someone who is to the centre in politics, where exactly are the Canadian Tories? Are they anything like our old Tories coz if they are I'm stayin here!!! Lol.

I supppose as someone who is moving over later this year I should have taken a keener interest, but if they're anything like our politicians over here, then they will all screw you and break their promises!!!! so what's the point?

Cheers
Drew
Really - anyone who thinks Labour in Britain are anything like honest, really is in for disappointment. ALL political parties are corupt. If you accept that you can't be disappointed. I voted for the party that will allow me what I do with my money. No doubt they're based on the British Conservative party, with the exception that they have a young charismatic leader instead of a mad woman, some awkward social retard, so short pseudo-lad cretin or any of the great great grandfathers the British Conservative Party have had the audacity to present recently.

Vote with your wallet. If you want to sponge off other people then stay in Britain. If you want to choose what you do with your income, Canada is now a great place to be
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:27 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
Really - anyone who thinks Labour in Britain are anything like honest, really is in for disappointment. ALL political parties are corupt. If you accept that you can't be disappointed. I voted for the party that will allow me what I do with my money. No doubt they're based on the British Conservative party, with the exception that they have a young charismatic leader instead of a mad woman, some awkward social retard, so short pseudo-lad cretin or any of the great great grandfathers the British Conservative Party have had the audacity to present recently.

Vote with your wallet. If you want to sponge off other people then stay in Britain. If you want to choose what you do with your income, Canada is now a great place to be
Hi
When exactly did I say that I thought Labour were honest? I personally think they're a bunch of lying,warmongering b......s
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:29 pm

Hi
When exactly did I say that I thought Labour were honest? I personally think they're a bunch of lying,warmongering b......s
Look I was putting words in your mouth - ok? This is the internet
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:38 pm
Kelly

Ok???
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok???
The Conservatives are worrisome because we fear they'll be bigger slaves to George Bush than even Blair. Fortunately though they'll have to compromise with the, leftist, NDP so this administration will likely not do very much. I expect we'll be back at the polls when the Liberals have chosen a new leader and that she'll likely be the next PM.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
The Conservatives are worrisome because we fear they'll be bigger slaves to George Bush than even Blair. Fortunately though they'll have to compromise with the, leftist, NDP so this administration will likely not do very much. I expect we'll be back at the polls when the Liberals have chosen a new leader and that she'll likely be the next PM.

At least with a minority government, harper will not be able to push through any of his archaic social policies without support. The only positive aspect of a conservative win!

Last edited by willmore; Jan 24th 2006 at 3:40 am.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:21 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
At least with a minority government, harper will not be able to push through any of his arachic social policies without support. The only positive aspect of a conservative win!
I suppose that's a typo for "anarchic" but I love the idea of "arachnid" social policies.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
I suppose that's a typo for "anarchic" but I love the idea of "arachnid" social policies.

LOL......Be nice to me I have a cold - I meant archaic!!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a legal resident or a citizen of Canada? Did you vote in last night's election?

I'm more that curious because I honestly don't know much about how the government elections work in Canada regardless of how much my Canadian husband tries to explain it to me.

All I do know is that he is a Canadian citizen living in the US and he CANNOT vote in Canadian elections. I think that stinks big time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.